Old 05-21-2002, 08:12 AM

I purchased a used motor from a local shop a few years ago that had casting #48 heads on it. The motor was a 400 out of a 81 TA. Someone told me that these might be Ram Air III heads. Are they?I sold my 78 TA before I ever got the heads finished. They have been opened up behind the valves, had a mild port job and race flow valves. I was curious to the value of these heads as they are.

Old 05-21-2002, 08:12 AM

I purchased a used motor from a local shop a few years ago that had casting #48 heads on it. The motor was a 400 out of a 81 TA. Someone told me that these might be Ram Air III heads. Are they?I sold my 78 TA before I ever got the heads finished. They have been opened up behind the valves, had a mild port job and race flow valves. I was curious to the value of these heads as they are.

Old 05-21-2002, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The 48 heads were used in 69 on a HO 350, RAIII 400 and some other engine but I can't remember which right now.

Old 05-22-2002, 12:49 PM

Are you thinking of getting rid of those heads or what? If you are, let me know as I'm looking for a set for a 400.
The profile or whatever says I'm from Flint, MI, actually that's just where I go to school. I live in Cedar Falls and I'll be in Cedar Rapids in a couple weeks so I can pick them up.