Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:47 PM

Default Suggestion- 1965 GTO Medium Slate headliner

I hope someone from Ames read the discussion on the correct color for 65 gtos with black interiors. If no one has all you have to do is search the 64-65 section for the word headliners. This color could possibly be the best selling color you ever sold. I have been struggling with this color problem for three years. Since I couldn't buy the correct color headliner I settled for light blue which is the closest color sold by ames. Had it installed and six months later I found a company with some nos original slate grey ripcord perforated material. I had them make me a headliner. I looked at it when it came in and it looked fine. Didn't have it installed for a year and it had streaks in the material that were slight but there. I couldn't see the streaks until it was installed. Called the company and was basically told its been a year and were not doing anything. Evidently all of there original material is no good. I paid 395.00 for the headliner. I now have 800.00 in two headliners and still have to put another headliner in this car. I am trying to do this car 100% correct. I have been working on this car five years this spring. the car is finished except for the installing the soft trim in the interior. Please consider having your headliner vendor make some of this material and matching sunvisors. Thanks for your consideration in advance.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:34 AM

Default cost oftwo headliners

300.00 of the 800.00 is to have the two headliners installed.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

I had not read that, I just did though and it is defiantly interesting i am going to look into this and see if we can get a repop of this material!

Old 01-13-2016, 02:21 PM

Default medium slate ripcord material

I have plenty of nos material that I would be glad to send you a good size sample. By the way I am a good customer of ames. I bought over 1000.00 worth of carpet, door panels, and other stuff yesterday. I would buy two headliners for my two 65s. Randy Fleeman