Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Suggestions for fuel plumbing from pump to carb?

I am currently running a stock mechanical fuel pump. I have a stub of stock 3/8 hardline coming out of the pump, and 3/8 rubber fuel hose comes of that. It runs up the stock location by the timing cover and ps pump, where I have an inline filter. After the filter it goes into a side inlet Holley 600 hose fitting.

Here's my dealio... I'm going to be racing soon, and I had concern that this may not pass tech inspect. Besides, the hose is a little cracked and brittle. I need to replace this setup, keeping the stock type pump. I also need to have an inline filter in front of the carb. I bought some 3/8 flare hard line I was going to bend, but then I would need the female flare to hose adapter to get my inline filter connected. I am now hesitating on this plan, because I am not really liking a ton of adapter crap.

Suggestions? I was wondering if there was a kit with braided line and maybe AN fittings? My stock pump has a straight down female flare connection. Might it be easier to change the carb inlet fitting and go with AN fitting?

I am not looking for super-pimp. I need something better than my shadetree mechanic setup, and something that won't have a problem passing tech in case I get "Inspector 12" at the track.

I have a pic of what I am currently running.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fb fuel line.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	354214  

Old 02-23-2014, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://anfittingsdirect.com/

1965 GTO Post Coupe, Burgundy w/Parchment, 467, Crower 60243, Rhoads V-Max, Ported 5C's, JB Roller Rockers, Original '66 Tripower, Dave's Small-body HEI, RA Exh Manifolds, 2.5" Exh X-pipe w/Super Turbo's and SS Splitters, Tremec TKO 600, 3.91 12-Bolt Posi w/bearing retainers, boxed frame, 4X Discs with hydro-boost, EPAS
Old 02-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Senior Chief

The factory hard lines will work if you have a factory fuel pump, they end near where you have your filter now, and should pass tech (guessing). Our sponsor sells them, along with a few others that are easy to find.