Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2020, 02:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cam choice for '67 bird 400/ 4spd ra1 clone

Getting ready to reassemble the original 400 for my '67, so has 670 heads and stock valvetrain with 067 cam. It ran perfectly, just pulled it apart to clean and reseal. Car has original dealer installed ra pans (original owner wanted ac and ram air so the dealer threw pans on a 400 a/c car since that combo wasn't available). It's a th400 3.36 posi car. I'm adding ra manifolds and swapping to an m22, so want a cam to match. I had great success with a wolverine wg1028 in a similar build 15 or so years ago, so would like a similar style cam to that as I believe wolverine are no longer around or got absorbed by another company. I know the melling spc-3 is out there (and various sources say it's the same as the wg1028 while others say it's not), but are there other options that wouldn't also require a new valvetrain? Has stock intake and qjet, but I plan to go with the holley spread bore injection kit if it'll fit the ra pan.