Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 04-07-2003, 09:56 PM

i have a '73 455 with a ricmond 6 speed on the stock bellhousing. i am getting a bad vibration in the trans at aroud 3500 rpm. 1st and 2nd aren't as bad, but 3rd, 4th, 5t are bad to the point that the shifter feels like it is going to vibrate off. don't know about 6th because i haven't been able to go that fast. the engine was rebuilt, blueprinted, and balance with the stock flywheel, and centerforce pressure plate. when the engine is reved to 3500 rpm in neutral or with the clutch in, there are on vibrations out of the ordinary. i used a new pilot bearing. drive shaft balnced and universals new can any one help with this bad vib thankx jose

Old 04-07-2003, 09:56 PM

i have a '73 455 with a ricmond 6 speed on the stock bellhousing. i am getting a bad vibration in the trans at aroud 3500 rpm. 1st and 2nd aren't as bad, but 3rd, 4th, 5t are bad to the point that the shifter feels like it is going to vibrate off. don't know about 6th because i haven't been able to go that fast. the engine was rebuilt, blueprinted, and balance with the stock flywheel, and centerforce pressure plate. when the engine is reved to 3500 rpm in neutral or with the clutch in, there are on vibrations out of the ordinary. i used a new pilot bearing. drive shaft balnced and universals new can any one help with this bad vib thankx jose

Old 04-08-2003, 04:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you sure the input shaft is long enough & is actually inside the pilot bearing. It sounds like your input shaft is bouncing around. We see this with the Ford guys from time to time when they try to put a T5 into a 94 or 95 Mustang.

Old 04-08-2003, 03:56 PM

the trans was ordered for a GM 26 spline. when i was mating the trans to the bellhousing, the disc was not lined. so I had to push the clutch in to allow the trans to line up the rest of the way. i felt that it went in to the pilot bearing, but it is something that i will check. i am hoping i will have the time this weekend to drop the trans. i'm wondering if you or any one else has any other ideas on what it could be
thankx, jose