Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-20-2020, 11:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

LOL

Old 03-20-2020, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lol.... I like to think this Board taught him well.

Old 03-20-2020, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Taught him everything he knows, Pontiac Power RULES !!!!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-20-2020, 02:37 PM
Suspended

Just hope he's paying attention to Tommy!

GTO George

Old 03-20-2020, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Taught him everything he knows, Pontiac Power RULES !!!!

Thanks we all appreciate that.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Just hope he's paying attention to Tommy!

GTO George
I doubt he has an X-rated poster of him like you do of KRE hanging on his wall... He's probably to busy with his own chit to loose sleep over some other guy. Also I'd hope Tommy is too...JMO

Old 03-20-2020, 04:17 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
I doubt he has an X-rated poster of him like you do of KRE hanging on his wall... He's probably to busy with his own chit to loose sleep over some other guy. Also I'd hope Tommy is too...JMO
Why do you always have too be rotten.......seriously. There was nothing bad about my post!
I also never mentioned KRE........again!

GTO George

Old 03-20-2020, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Why do you always have too be rotten.......seriously. There was nothing bad about my post!
I also never mentioned KRE........again!

GTO George
I've tried being nice and that didn't go very well.... Why do you hope Big Chief is watching Mr. Youmans? ....maybe I misunderstood your tone.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Had a run of great Q-Jets, and now have an ancient 1050 Dom.

Decades ago tried some decent 800 Double-Pumpers had me prefering the Q-Jet(s).

Suppose when we come across a carb that works well; keep it & use it. Then try to get a copy to work just as well.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:51 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
I've tried being nice and that didn't go very well.... Why do you hope Big Chief is watching Mr. Youmans? ....maybe I misunderstood your tone.
Yea, maybe you did........Chiefs a Bad A$$ he's gotten more out of those E heads then most racers would have BUT he needs to take the next step and really show off. Everyone in No Preps are building new cars and or engines for this year, id like to see chief keep kicking Chevy and Fords A$$......thats all!

GTO George

Old 03-20-2020, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yea, maybe you did........Chiefs a Bad A$$ he's gotten more out of those E heads then most racers would have BUT he needs to take the next step and really show off. Everyone in No Preps are building new cars and or engines for this year, id like to see chief keep kicking Chevy and Fords A$$......thats all!

GTO George
Well we both agree on that. I'm sure he is trying and will continue to keep trying to improve his performance. My guess he's having more fun kicking their butt than we are watching.

481XLOL TTF!

Old 03-21-2020, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

GTO George
It seems he was going to the “next step” & change cylinder heads once upon a time,something like 4years ago? I wonder if anything became of that?

I agree George! Cool as heck he’s kicking a$$!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 03-22-2020, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
The fastest my car has been on motor in street trim has been 11.098 @ 121 with a 1.61. And that was after a full night of tunin. So the past week i have traded my 950hp for a 1050 dominator. i had to use an adaptor that didnt really match up to the intake and nos plate but i figured id use it anyway just to see if it was worth it. Pulled it off the trailer and made a pass.....usually i will shut the car off and check a plug to start the tuning process off but it felt like a terd. It spun and just didnt feel right. So i just kept driving down the return rd to get what i thought was an 11.50 slip, and i end up staring at 10.77 @ 124.80 with a 1.51. short time. WTF! Unfortunately I was having to much fun in the 10s and didnt do any tunin all night but i am sure it would have went faster.....I cant even tell ya what jets are in it. 6 passes ranged from 10.78 to 10.74 and 1 10.91 comepletely sidways 60 ft. Talk about impressed! I cant wait to go back on a shootout night when the track is really prepped.

oh yeah and before u ask.....72 Lemans 455 with 4.210 strk and 6.625 rod with flat top ross and e-heads from kaufman 325s, solid roller 271 278 630 lift on a 108, victor 4150 and a 1050 dom, 410s 29.10.50w hoosiers with a th350 and a 8in neal chance conv, 3650lbs through 3in exhaust with magna flow street mufflers.
I just love this post. Back then he was like a lot of guys. Kept at it, had a dream, stuck with it, right place, right time and is living the dream. It does not get much better than this for a Pontiac die hard.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
I just love this post. Back then he was like a lot of guys. Kept at it, had a dream, stuck with it, right place, right time and is living the dream. It does not get much better than this for a Pontiac die hard.
He has done ok!. It would interesting to see a et progression year by year of the changes albeit different cars over the time.

466 Mike Voycey shortblock, 310cfm SD KRE heads, SD "OF 2.0 cam", torker 2
373 gears 3200 Continental Convertor
best et 10.679/127.5/1.533 60ft
308 gears best et 10.76/125.64/1.5471