Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 04-09-2024, 08:05 PM

Default 1971 Grand Prix bottom front grille

Hey there, I bought my first car in 1977 at the age of 16 and still have it. It's a 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix. I've never seen another one without a vinyl top which personally I think looks alot better. It's in the middle of a frame off rotisserie restoration with tubular control arms, coil overs and a supercharged Cadillac LS engine. I'm looking for a dent free bottom grille for it. I've checked OPGI, Ames, Franks and every other Pontiac parts website with no luck. Any leads would be greatly appreciated !! Take care, Mark

Old 04-10-2024, 02:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Welcome aboard.

You might give member Steve Barcak a try. He owns Pontiac Heaven down in Arizona. Send him a PM.

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...t=Steve+Barcak

Old 04-10-2024, 07:36 PM

If you contact Steve make no mention of the LS engine.

He’s a purist and I’ll just leave it there.

Old 04-10-2024, 08:20 PM

Too late, I mentioned the LS before I read the last post so I'm thinking Steve won't reply : ( Mark

Old 04-10-2024, 08:22 PM

Hey b-man, too late, I mentioned the LS to Steve before I read your post. : (

Old 04-11-2024, 10:30 AM

Well, Steve got back with me and wrote that he won't help me because he doesn't think I should put a LS in my Grand Prix. Oh well, if he doesn't want to help because he's such a purest that's fine with me. I worked 60 hours a for 42 years so if I want to make my Pontiac Grand Prix a restored I will ! I love Pontiac's but I also own a 1970 440 6 pack 4 speed Cuda, a sweet 88 Corvette that I bought in 91, a very rare mint 1990 Dodge convertible Dakota, and a couple late 60's snowmobiles. My dream is to buy a McClaren. I earned and I'll buy and love all my vehicles, not just my Pontiac. God made everyone different and if Steve doesn't want to help a fellow car enthusiastic I'll find someone that will.