THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Red face For all you Forklift Jockeys

Don't try this .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_zNt...eature=related

Old 11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

repeat

Old 11-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Suspended

I know someone that did a stunt like that, his last day on the job!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:36 PM

Thankfully that was not me....a woman forklift driver would never live that one down....lol

Old 11-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Senior Chief

Holy Crap, good thing noone was walking down that isle, at least the Forklifts have a cage to hopefully protect the drivers, hate to have to clean that mess up, can you say OverTime,lol.

1970 GTO Pepper Green 400 YS auto Factory A/C 56K orig miles
Old 11-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Thanks for the replys Everyone --I loaded a bunch of Semi trailers today -gotta pay attention .

Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Suspended

Wareagle, I ran a warehouse for a little while, crashes into racks was always my worst fear next to someone walking in front of a forktruck. The rack thing tho is the most dangerous to a number of people as opposed to an individual gettign hit by a forktruck. Our sister warehouse had a driver takeout a rack and the stuff thru the offices roof. Had one of the dispatcher not went outside to smoke, he would have been crushed by a 1500 lb palletized carton. His computer, chair, and the desk was all busted into little piece as was the product. I thanked God that wasn't at our place because of the office layout, more than 1 would have been at risk.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow that sucks. "Clean up on isle #1"

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Senior Chief

I saw that on the news the other day. According to the news this took place in Russia at a vodka warehouse.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by goquick View Post
Wareagle, I ran a warehouse for a little while, crashes into racks was always my worst fear next to someone walking in front of a forktruck. The rack thing tho is the most dangerous to a number of people as opposed to an individual gettign hit by a forktruck. Our sister warehouse had a driver takeout a rack and the stuff thru the offices roof. Had one of the dispatcher not went outside to smoke, he would have been crushed by a 1500 lb palletized carton. His computer, chair, and the desk was all busted into little piece as was the product. I thanked God that wasn't at our place because of the office layout, more than 1 would have been at risk.
Yes-that Dispatcher was lucky --we had a incident here were a Fork Lift Driver backed into a Power pole --high tension lines touched -you could actually see flames running along the wires -knocked all our power out --needless to say we got the day off.
Boss was pretty understanding -guy did'nt get into to much trouble--nice Boss.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zig'sbird View Post
I saw that on the news the other day. According to the news this took place in Russia at a vodka warehouse.

I don't think that is all vodka boxes or even supplies for vodka. Too much difference in the various boxes/pallets. But if so, was the operator dddrunkkkk?

Wareagle, You too eh! I had a gal run into the electrical panel one day. Took out the entire panel system. I didn't get on to her either, I was just gald she didn't turn into smoke. She was SCARED!!!!! Very little paint left on the cage of that fork truck!However the big boss wasn't so nice to her at all about it and fired her. I tried taking up for her as there was no poles in front of the electrical panel and it was a tight area they had to go thru to load/unload trucks. Kind of a short (from wall to truck)added on dock on the side of the building. Never made sense how the place was laid out.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goquick View Post
I don't think that is all vodka boxes or even supplies for vodka. Too much difference in the various boxes/pallets. But if so, was the operator dddrunkkkk?

Wareagle, You too eh! I had a gal run into the electrical panel one day. Took out the entire panel system. I didn't get on to her either, I was just gald she didn't turn into smoke. She was SCARED!!!!! Very little paint left on the cage of that fork truck!However the big boss wasn't so nice to her at all about it and fired her. I tried taking up for her as there was no poles in front of the electrical panel and it was a tight area they had to go thru to load/unload trucks. Kind of a short (from wall to truck)added on dock on the side of the building. Never made sense how the place was laid out.
Yes --should have had poles for the E panel. Sorry she got fired -was it a union shop -after our driver hit the power pole barricades were put in right away .

Old 11-14-2009, 01:31 AM

One of my bosses used to " I don't want to hear the words: 'OOOOOOOOH S********T!!!' out of anybody on my shift!" I kept that rule in mind for life. One day I was in a store/warehouse/junkyard/you name it that had the unlikely name "The Whoopee Bowl" near Clarkston MI. The old man must have had a direct link to the Flint and Lansing plants cause he used to get large rolls of auto upholstery material that were perfect matches for last year's interiors. But I digress.........

On that visit, I was in a commercial area of the Whoopee Bowl and there was a fork lift driver on the other side of the wall in the warehouse. Suddenly, I heard the dreaded 'OOOOOOOOH S********T!!!' shouted from the other side. I casually moved away and put a few loaded pallets between me and the runaway forklift. So remember those many subtle hints from your bosses

Regards
Citydesk175
BTW anybody remember the Whoopee Bowl?

=====================
There are 10 types of people in this world"
those who know binary and those who don't
========================