Old 08-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dash Insulation kit help

OK does anyone know how these three pieces are arranged under the dash? No drawing comes with this kit so I guess the vendor assumes you have existing insulation that you can pull out and match up for replacement. Any help,would be great thanks!

By the way this is for the upper dash (not firewall).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	434195  

Last edited by tripower; 08-05-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I snapped some pics of the original padding in my car (72 GTO). You might find it hard to figure out with the dash and all hardware in place... I removed the glovebox to have a better look.

The original pad is one piece. Its tucked under the maint vent duct. The reproduction part doesnt look like the original, those pictures wont be of much help I'm afraid, but you may be able to figure it out by locating the cutouts and edges. You wont be able to put it there without removing the dash, main vent duct and the wiring.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you sir that is a huge help. I can see where that rectangular cutout is right above your heater box temp coil/plug and that matches the cutout on one of the pieces in the repo kit. Finding exactly where that goes makes the other pieces line up as well! Thanks again.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad I could help

Post pics when you're done, if possible. I'd like to see how the repro kit fits.