THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:15 AM

Default Helped on an 1939 Delage D8-120

This car went to 2013 Pebble Beach Concours d'Eleganc. It took third place and The French Cup Award. I had to create stencils so they could re-letter parts on the car. I also made stencils to etch the logos back on the windows. It's tough making stencils for round parts. You have to take multiple pictures at different angels and piece it back together. And since the car is a 39 french car there no fonts for me to use. The red coil I just re-drew the letters and the black reservoir I found a font super close and added the accents back in. Both parts were only 5 inches tall, no wonder I need glasses. The stencils for the glass are about a 1mm tall, had to completely re-draw them. I would love to work at this place with these cars. I guess I'm just lucky to help on some and see the collection.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/phot...120_Photo.aspx

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140204_145404.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	359831   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140204_145426.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	359832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0459.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	359833  

Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 AM

Consider me as very impressed.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You should be proud having your work at Pebble Beach. Did they let you drive the car?

Old 04-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Always wanted to go to PB (I do go to the Monterey Historic races), but the admission is too steep for my cheap ways. Delage's, Bugatti 57's, etc. of the '30's and 40's are truly art on wheels. You are a talented and lucky man!!

Old 04-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Talk about the Holy Grail of collector cars......I've never seen a Delage in person let all actually having worked on one. VERY impressive.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 04-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up Excellent!

Congrats on the nice work. Very impressive.

Back in 2001 @ Tour De Wangers, Jim Wangers' family member Gordon Wangers had this 1937 Delahaye on display. Another impressive French automobile that has been shown @ PB that I believe you can also relate to.

http://www.tachrev.com/Web_Pages/2.1...rsPhoto42.html

Old 04-08-2014, 05:18 PM

Thanks guys. No I didn't get to drive the car. LOL But it was not till after I did the work that a friend said to me, just think you worked on a car that won at Pebble Beach Concours d'Eleganc. I guess that was pretty cool. This guy has such a awesome collection of cars. They have 2 GTO's in the collection also. Here is his web page with some of the high end cars.

http://www.jwrautomuseum.com/links.html

Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice work Mazz! Or should a say Mazda?

Shawn

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 04-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Suspended

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOMazz View Post
Thanks guys. No I didn't get to drive the car. LOL But it was not till after I did the work that a friend said to me, just think you worked on a car that won at Pebble Beach Concours d'Eleganc. I guess that was pretty cool. This guy has such a awesome collection of cars. They have 2 GTO's in the collection also. Here is his web page with some of the high end cars.

http://www.jwrautomuseum.com/links.html
This in today's email: "Delage Returns" Link http://www.carsandparts.com/Articles...delage-returns