Old 03-19-2003, 07:06 PM

I have just started driving this Bonne and when I start from a dead stop there is a clunk like something in the back is moving, and when I get on the gas a little it feels like the back end of the car moves to the right until I let off the gas and then it feels like it kicks back over to the left. Does anyone have any ideas or had the same experience? Let me know what you think.
Thanx

When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. - Pablo Picasso
Old 03-19-2003, 07:06 PM

I have just started driving this Bonne and when I start from a dead stop there is a clunk like something in the back is moving, and when I get on the gas a little it feels like the back end of the car moves to the right until I let off the gas and then it feels like it kicks back over to the left. Does anyone have any ideas or had the same experience? Let me know what you think.
Thanx

When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. - Pablo Picasso
Old 03-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Upper and /or Lower Control arm bushes are shot.

Fix 'em quick. Easy and not expensive.

Experiance is that marvellous thing that makes you recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Old 03-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

what he said. Mine on my 2dr are going. I can feel the rear end floating around under cornering.

Is your car a 2dr or 4dr? What color is it?

Give me a thumbs up, tell me "Nice Car!", but for god's sake, don't call it an Impala.

Old 03-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Actually,
I'd take it into a suspension shop and have it up on a hoist and check the U-joints, Pinion Yoke, Motor mounts, Transmission mount. Reat upper and lower control arms. any of these can cause your clunk! Infact I've had all of the above in one car I purchased!

Usually I'm found working on my Pontiac. If you want to find me Look for the white picket fence and all the old Pontiacs parked outside. And the half dissembled engine sprawled all over the driveway!

Old 03-20-2003, 12:00 AM

mine is a 2 door, 66 389 with the Carter 4 barrel. It was bluegreen with green interior until someone painted the car black. I climbed under and checked the control arm bushings and they are shot.

Old 03-20-2003, 06:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Should be an easy fix. If the car was originally the Marina Turquoise Id repaint it that color. I'd like to find one that color.

Give me a thumbs up, tell me "Nice Car!", but for god's sake, don't call it an Impala.