Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Boost Engineer

Most Drag Race Car efforts could be called "Money Funnels"
They just take your money and you never will see it again. Jeff V's deal being the exception.

That name comes from a Bronx Cop who taped a Picture of a Funnel on his son's 64 GTO race car in the 70s. His words and the name still fit many years later.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
They just take your money and you never will see it again. Jeff V's deal being the exception.

That name comes from a Bronx Cop who taped a Picture of a Funnel on his son's 64 GTO race car in the 70s. His words and the name still fit many years later.

Tom V.
Tell us (Racers) about those "money funnels" I've bet you've put tons of money into ur race cars.....just saying! LMAO!

GTO George

Old 03-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Boost Engineer

I spent $268,943 buying 50 Prototype Screw Superchargers one time, so your statement
is true, but it was not my money, it was the company's money (I worked for).

Another $193,512 on 50 prototype intake manifold castings (integral Inter-cooler provision), and the list could go on and on.

Now I know you or your company have spent money on Steel, Steel Making Equipment, etc but you brought up automotive parts.

You have no clue what a 2016 Le Mans race car winner costs.

Even in the Keen Brothers Days, Elias Delotorre Days, etc I spent their money as they wanted someone who could help them go faster. Lots of their money. My company said help these guys (as part of your job). Who have your ever helped, except for yourself George? I have not seen you make one post ever as far as helping any other member.

We all want to know.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Suspended

I DONT have a Steel Comoany......I retired in February and haven't worked there since November BUT when I did work there I spent hundreds of thousands of National Steel and US steel company money on parts! Now that has nothing to do with spending money on my race cars that I have raced from 1972 till now just like ur STUPID POSTS about lemans racing! LMAO!

GTO George

Old 03-20-2017, 08:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Marty had a Boosted DOOR CAR. It ran IN THE 6S (6.95) with cast iron #62 Heads in 1996! HE RAN 7.40s, in 1996, with the trans skipping second gear the whole run. Old History.

Tom V.
That's the tv car now that big chief has

*SOLD * 1971 LeMans street car, 428ci TH350 3:31 12 bolt, 3880#,13.6 @ 101.82 Show & go

1964 Tempest work in progress 400 with Tremec 5 speed

1967 LeMans drop top project. I tracked down my great grand father & dad's old car.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal-428-lemans View Post
That's the tv car now that big chief has
Yes it is....supposedly it's the first Pontiac door car in the 7 and 6's. I'm not sure about the 7's but first in the 6's sound correct. Now it's really going to fly with a Pontiac engine in it.

GTO George

Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Boost Engineer

The show tonight (8:00 to 9:00 ps Eastern Time) showed the guys carrying the bare chassis inside the building. Front chassis, cage, and rear chassis all there.

Should be fun to see the 9:00 show. Marty and Travis mentioned.
Lots of history pictures of the old Pontiac motor with the twin Turbos and special intake manifold..

Not sure on that 7 second record stuff.

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:24 PM
Suspended

Quote:

Tom V.

There are hundreds of Bracket Racers out there making money with there Bracket Car......not just Jeff. You have to go to the BIG money Bracket Races not just sit in your chair........DAMN talk about something you know.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
There are hundreds of Bracket Racers out there making money with there Bracket Car......not just Jeff. You have to go to the BIG money Bracket Races not just sit in your chair........DAMN talk about something you know.

GTO George
Just asking cause I have no idea about your car or class you run. Do you have electronics in your car? Delay box...?
I like the no electronics classes I feel you really have to be on your game to go rounds.
I love the southeast gasser guys too, old school stick shift racing. We are trying to get a track on Long Island if we do I want to build a gasser!

Old 03-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think we need a section for George vs. Tom!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
I think we need a section for George vs. Tom!!!!!!

Ya sorry about that but Tom just post to hear himself talk sometimes.........he needs to stick to turbo stuff, I guess.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Just asking cause I have no idea about your car or class you run. Do you have electronics in your car? Delay box...?
I like the no electronics classes I feel you really have to be on your game to go rounds.
I love the southeast gasser guys too, old school stick shift racing. We are trying to get a track on Long Island if we do I want to build a gasser!
I have a delay box, when i run heads up I take it out, I also can foot brake it. Ive done a lot of racing in my 48 years. I think I was the FIRST Bracket Racer to win a Championship with a blower back in 1992. When I installed my first supercharger in the 80's everyone said it wouldn't work (bracket Racing) and that Im wasting my money. $1,300 for my first Supercharger a B &M 177 c.i. Street Charger universal model.......it bolted to a four barrel intake. They didn't make one for a Pontiac......me and K & D Performance (Allen Park, Michigan) did a lot of Fabricating.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2017, 08:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
The show tonight (8:00 to 9:00 ps Eastern Time) showed the guys carrying the bare chassis inside the building. Front chassis, cage, and rear chassis all there.

Should be fun to see the 9:00 show. Marty and Travis mentioned.
Lots of history pictures of the old Pontiac motor with the twin Turbos and special intake manifold..

Not sure on that 7 second record stuff.

Tom V.
I'll have to look for it on demand I missed it. I'd like to see that set up

*SOLD * 1971 LeMans street car, 428ci TH350 3:31 12 bolt, 3880#,13.6 @ 101.82 Show & go

1964 Tempest work in progress 400 with Tremec 5 speed

1967 LeMans drop top project. I tracked down my great grand father & dad's old car.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is cool George!! I like the no electronics. I had a Chevy with that b+m under the hood blower it was fun and it bolted on!!! LOL. I am going automatic next year I'll have to try some bracket racing!!

Old 03-22-2017, 03:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Damn it, I didn't figgure out until page 4 of this thread who or what the hell "LSjuan" was!

Old 03-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
Damn it, I didn't figgure out until page 4 of this thread who or what the hell "LSjuan" was!
Who care.........its somme Chevy JUNK!

GTO George

Old 03-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I have a delay box, when i run heads up I take it out, I also can foot brake it. Ive done a lot of racing in my 48 years. I think I was the FIRST Bracket Racer to win a Championship with a blower back in 1992. When I installed my first supercharger in the 80's everyone said it wouldn't work (bracket Racing) and that Im wasting my money. $1,300 for my first Supercharger a B &M 177 c.i. Street Charger universal model.......it bolted to a four barrel intake. They didn't make one for a Pontiac......me and K & D Performance (Allen Park, Michigan) did a lot of Fabricating.

GTO George

Ducttapettf

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 03-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Ducttapettf
Lol.....took me a minute though

Old 03-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Ducttapettf

Sorry, that was BD.......Before Duck-tape!

GTO George

Old 03-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Sorry, that was BD.......Before Duck-tape!

GTO George
massquantititesofblackelectricaltapeandfiberstrand reinforcedtapettf then!
"what if" zip ties were available back in those stone age days....