Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2020, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Year One Rally IIs & Redlines

I've been kicking around the idea of mixing it up and trading my 14" RIIs for some 17" Year One RIIs for a while now. Maybe this is all a dumb idea since my car looks bone stock, but I'm kind of bored with the appearance.

I'd want redlines, and I've seen some from Diamondback, but the stripe looks a little fat in relation to the sidewall height.

Coker makes a Silvertown 225/55/17 which look pretty good in terms of stripe to sidewall ratio and placement, but I have the 14" version now and don't love them. I'd like something with a more aggressive tread. I also think a 225 might be too skinny for a 17X8.

Another thought I had was pinstriping a redline on the lip of the wheel.

Different question:
For those of you with YO RIIs, did you lower your car? I now the overall OD is about the same as my 14" setup, but I'm thinking the bigger rim/smaller sidewall might require some suspension tweaks to get the car to sit right. I've seen some '68/'69 A-Bodies that look really good and others that look like a 4x4.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9897.jpg
Views:	2558
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	541747  

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)