Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 09-05-2001, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What's up with Edelbrock regarding quality control? I buy a Performer RPM to go on uncut heads. The intake needed to be cut .100 on each side to fit. I buy an 850 RPM Quadrajet. It needs a longer idle speed screw. The one it had was too short and I couldn't idle my motor high enough. Plus, when I get their Quadrajet tuning kit, it contains no instructions. I call Edelbrock and they said they'll send me instructions immediately. Never received 'em. In short, I'll look elsewhere for hipo parts.

Old 09-05-2001, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What's up with Edelbrock regarding quality control? I buy a Performer RPM to go on uncut heads. The intake needed to be cut .100 on each side to fit. I buy an 850 RPM Quadrajet. It needs a longer idle speed screw. The one it had was too short and I couldn't idle my motor high enough. Plus, when I get their Quadrajet tuning kit, it contains no instructions. I call Edelbrock and they said they'll send me instructions immediately. Never received 'em. In short, I'll look elsewhere for hipo parts.

Old 09-06-2001, 12:06 PM

UNFORTUNATELY AS YOU HAVE DISCOVERED QUALITY IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE. I BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE ACROSS THE BOARD & SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE INSTEAD OF BETTER. THE DAYS OF "BOLT ON PARTS" ARE FOR THE MOST PART LONG GONE !! I PURCHASE LOTS OF NEW PARTS. RARELY DOES ANYTHING JUST BOLT-ON ANYMORE. EVERY PART NEEDS TO BE INSPECTED THOROUGHLY FOR FORM,FIT& FINISH. OFTEN I FIND MYSELF MODIFYING STUFF TO GET IT TO FIT OR RETURNING IT FOR REPLACEMENT DUE TO QUALITY ISSUES. THIS BECOMES VERY TIME CONSUMING & FRUSTRATING BUT NECESSARY TO INSURE THAT YOUR MOTOR LIVES A LONG & HAPPY LIFE !!!

Old 09-06-2001, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Were did you buy the parts.If i can help i will let me know.