Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
But John is in business to make money. How many people here would buy his heads if you needed new pistons, camshaft, valve train, intake, exhaust, and even new valve covers? It is all about ROI
That's probably very true.

But I know that KRE are true Pontiac fanatics, and do it for the pride of getting the power from the Pontiac engine.

Their business is probably just a 'perk', if it makes money, that means more money for other innovations.

If one is in it for just the money aspect, they would do better in the chevy world.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
While I have had a very disagreements with John, I have no doubt that he could design a clean sheet of paper new head that would be excellent. But John is in business to make money. How many people here would buy his heads if you needed new pistons, camshaft, valve train, intake, exhaust, and even new valve covers? It is all about ROI

Stan
Looked in to it 1.5 years ago. I wanted to do 100 sets in the 1st year to justify the effort.

Only did about 2 hours of research on the potential market and didn't need to go any further. After that I have come to the conclusion that any one that makes a Pontiac race head.....is because they want to do it, not because they think they can make money.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Looked in to it 1.5 years ago. I wanted to do 100 sets in the 1st year to justify the effort.

Only did about 2 hours of research on the potential market and didn't need to go any further. After that I have come to the conclusion that any one that makes a Pontiac race head.....is because they want to do it, not because they think they can make money.
John,
I know in volume casting is much cheaper, but it has a much higher up front cost than CNC. With the cost of CNC dropping ever year. How many sets of billet heads would you need to sell @ $10K ported to break even?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 10-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
I think in general there are a few who would just as soon have KRE go out of business all together.

That is what most of the badgering posts are about.
Anything to discredit them.
The Warp 6 is probably a fall out from that.
(not much money in selling them, they did it mostly for themselves basically)

Like I said, they do whatever it takes to make Pontiacs perform.
Some just don't like it.

Now why doesn't John M make his heads?
He seems to keep posting about how great they would be?

No, they would rather criticize people that do 'walk the walk' and not BS all the time.

Nobody wants KRE to go out of business, and I don't see any post about people trying to discredit what they do for the Pontiac community.

The only really pissing contest I saw was over there issue with the straight main blocks and how the handled it. That's all.
You act like KRE is the little red step child of the Pontiac world!

Stop your crying bitching and moaning.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 10-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good one.

Quote:
This post is by me, remember?

Most of the posts on here are by a few, with you being one of them?

Sounds like you are the one crying, bitching, and moaning.

When someone doesn't agree with your view, you get all upset.

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

EHTTFMF!!!!!!!!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Kinsler For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
John,
I know in volume casting is much cheaper, but it has a much higher up front cost than CNC. With the cost of CNC dropping ever year. How many sets of billet heads would you need to sell @ $10K ported to break even?

Stan
3 to 5 sets and I would do it. But that's because I want to

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 10-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
This post is by me, remember?
Supposed to say, this thread is not by me.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Honestly from my perspective, Lil Jack nailed it.

What happened to KRE with the block deal could have, and probably has happened to most every company out there. Its how you handle it that makes the difference. That is what soured the taste of KRE to some people.

Jeff and Mark have always been good to me, I've never had a single issue with them or their work. I've always been a fan of the dragster and watched Mark move from car to car getting quicker as he went. It was great for KRE and it was great for Pontiacs in general.

I don't want to see them close the doors, I would like to see them be more social and outgoing to the general public, I think that would go a long way.

I suspect most of the people that you think hate KRE don't dislike them because of the block issue or any of their work, its mostly about the attitude that comes from that shop. They're big boys, they are working hard and going fast, they can chose to act any way they want.

BTW, I think its cool as hell that they can make any go-fast part they want just because they can!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to David Holmberg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
3 to 5 sets and I would do it. But that's because I want to
I am a dreamer. I can see 525-530 cfm @ 1" lift from a 2.38" valve. My problem is I do not know the Pontiac framework that well and weather this can be done without moving things like head bolt holes.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 10-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
John, John, John,
Those are just numbers and letters to me they mean NOTHING.
Never said my car was better I just would rather and not afraid to run the !/4 mile.
WHY run the 1/8 when you are at a 1/4 mile track unless………………….! YOU tell me.
I happen to like my 8.15 169MPH Duck Tape Bracket car that ONLY needs ONE driver (thats is also the crew) and I can DRIVE to the staging lanes, down the 1/4 mile and DRIVE back PASS after PASS after PASS! Thank You very much!!

GTO George
you do realize that just because some cars choose not to drive back and forth does not mean they cannot do it....right? jeff, Jack,marcella, dwight myself etc...could if we chose to. The reason for pushing is to control temperature and minimize valve train wear...Not because we can't. Its because we can do math and its smarter if you have the resources.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
you do realize that just because some cars choose not to drive back and forth does not mean they cannot do it....right? jeff, Jack,marcella, dwight myself etc...could if we chose to. The reason for pushing is to control temperature and minimize valve train wear...Not because we can't. Its because we can do math and its smarter if you have the resources.
X2 and to read spark plugs!!!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
That's probably very true.

But I know that KRE are true Pontiac fanatics, and do it for the pride of getting the power from the Pontiac engine.

Their business is probably just a 'perk', if it makes money, that means more money for other innovations.

If one is in it for just the money aspect, they would do better in the chevy world.

Good thing KRE developed the D-Port! Just a few guys willing to spend the money for the high end stuff. KRE has done tons for the Pontiac community, they are also able to keep costs down by where there business is located. If KRE was located in Chicago, they would have to charge 25% more just to cover the taxes.

The fact they developed the warp head, it's worth $10k to $12k IMO.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 10-30-2013, 11:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Calvin I agree, the KRE D port is probably the best bang for the buck option for the average Pontiac owner looking for more performance.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Mike Leech Quote: "you do realize that just because some cars choose not to drive back and forth does not mean they cannot do it....right? jeff, Jack,marcella, dwight myself etc...could if we chose to. The reason for pushing is to control temperature and minimize valve train wear...Not because we can't. Its because we can do math and its smarter if you have the resources."

Yea, because it messes up the plugs, temperature, tough on the valve train or whatever…………..Right you can't do it ………..."I can" …………………….Fricking Kids! LOL!!

GTO George

Old 10-31-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Nobody wants KRE to go out of business, and I don't see any post about people trying to discredit what they do for the Pontiac community.

The only really pissing contest I saw was over there issue with the straight main blocks and how the handled it. That's all.
You act like KRE is the little red step child of the Pontiac world!

Jack I have a lot of respect for you but you know as well as well as I do that thare was a lot of **** talking against the Kaughmans for years and your name came into play several times. and now some on this board are surprised that thare are no heads for some and now your crying fowl, really? Get a grip man. Thare new head is available on one of thare nos motors. We offered to work with them two years ago when others were busy bashing the **** out of them. We get a set and now all the sudden you want a set. best of luck. Your in luck we will be running in the warriors series representing the kaughman product. We don't need the new head to knock off that red gto If I were you ,You and gabby need to go back to the drawing board and figure out why you cant run with that firebird from Delaware Just a thought.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EPC_Motorsports For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Can we all agree this is all somehow Gach's fault?

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R 70 Judge For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2013, 01:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
Can we all agree this is all somehow Gach's fault?
Definitely a good way to build a consensus.

Jim

The Following User Says Thank You to twooldgoats For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Mike Leech Quote: "you do realize that just because some cars choose not to drive back and forth does not mean they cannot do it....right? jeff, Jack,marcella, dwight myself etc...could if we chose to. The reason for pushing is to control temperature and minimize valve train wear...Not because we can't. Its because we can do math and its smarter if you have the resources."

Yea, because it messes up the plugs, temperature, tough on the valve train or whatever…………..Right you can't do it ………..."I can" …………………….Fricking Kids! LOL!!

GTO George
Well maybe if you knew how to read a plug you would know better. Instead you have a roller skate with a big azz blower, THAT BROKE!! It happens to all race cars so i'm not picking on you about that. You act as if its the most impressive car ever that never breaks parts.

You are not smart for doing it. And your car is not more "reliable" just because you do it. You're one of those guys that if you gave up the blower and went na would likely be running high nines in a roller skate with a 540 and good heads.

WELL THE GOOD NEWS IS AT LEAST YOU ARE IMPRESSED WITH YOURSELF.....AND YOU SEEM TO HAVE GAINED A NUT SWINGER IN EVERY POST YOU MAKE.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2013, 07:03 AM
Suspended

Mike,
Well let's see..........Roller-skate at 3,150 lbs. not likely, big blower.........NOT, small compared to an 14-71. Now let's look at the real facts 525 cubes smaller then most engines, my head gaskets STAY ON, valve train NEVER WEARS OUT, I only shift at 6,200-6,400 rpm and only needs one person to drive and pit crew............yea YOU WIN!

GTO George