Old 12-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to 1-GTO

I saw a very nice original 1969 LeMans Hardtop with the 72 Carousel Red paint job (original Driver condition) I'm thinking it had a white painted top and white interior.To me that would have been a pretty rare car!

Several years ago I had a 1968 Firebird body/shell that had the paint code *Special and it was Carousel Red.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Senior Chief

I have a carousel red 69 gto with black int. and 4 speed ,also have carousel red 69 firebird conv. both have phs doc. jim

Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefpontiac
No PHS but a little info on a car I though about purchasing in the early '90s. I saw an ad in Hemmings for multiple cars and parts in TX and contacted the seller. He had been collecting cars for years when they were cheap and was ready to sell a few. One of them was an early production '71 GTO 455 HO that was special ordered in orbit orange. Low option car that only had (if I remember correctly) 455 HO, P.S., Rally II's and special order paint. The original WL engine was missing but I believe the three speed trans was there. Didn't end up purchasing the car but wish I had.

Anyway, I'm under the impression orbit orange was available early in the '71 production run.

Ditzler thought it was too:
The asterisk next to the color number for the OO paint sample is referenced at the bottom of the sheet as a "Spring 1970 Color." The 1970 Ditzler color sheet did not list the OO color at all since it was a late addition to the factory offerings. You will also note on the '71 sheet that Carousel Red (#65, not 72) is also listed and asterisked as a "Spring 1970 Color." As far as I know, after 1969, Carousel Red was not offered as a factory color until the 1976 model year.
That is not to say that OO and CR could not have been ordered as a special order color in '71...

Old 12-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There was a 1970 Formula in Carousel Red at the Atlanta area BOP&C show last year. This was an absolutely stunning car with either parchment or saddle interior....I can't remember which now. 4 speed car with a dealer installed hood tach.
Photo here on Jay DeLaigle's website- http://www.cjdiii.com/photo5.html

Old 02-10-2024, 03:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

bringing up old thread I heard of a carousel red 69 GTO coupe ram air 4 column shift last seen in the late 90's San Francisco bay area, I was told the town of Pacifica

Old 02-10-2024, 04:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

https://davidsclassiccars.com/pontia...judge-wow.html standard 400 car 4 speed cr

The Following User Says Thank You to post toastie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2024, 12:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by post toastie View Post
bringing up old thread I heard of a carousel red 69 GTO coupe ram air 4 column shift last seen in the late 90's San Francisco bay area, I was told the town of Pacifica
That sounds pretty cool
There is supposed to be a 70 Non-Judge Ram4 GTO in Orbit Orange out in the world , too.

Old 02-11-2024, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

years ago i had a 69 gto ra3 4 speed that was carousel red. i sold it to our late steved400 (steve hoog).

The Following User Says Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2024, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by post toastie View Post
That's a pretty solid looking project there.