THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Lightbulb Shooting the messenger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from England View Post
The Boss,
I don't know how you have the nerve to post on here that you have just talked to Todd & then try & make what a good guy he is.If he is the good guy that you say he is then he should have been contacting me not talking to you.You mentioned hardship well that wont wash Isent him almost two hundred dollars to cover shipping & on three further occasions asked him did he need anymore money & not once did he reply.You also say that life gets in the way of things,well in 2013 I had major surgery on three occasions January,April,& December and during this time I probably only lost a total of three weeks of working as I felt a responsibility to my vendors & customers something that Todd doesent seem have.Its almost a year since he offered to sell me the parts.Im seventy three years old now I cant wait forever how patient do you expect me to be.I hope you told him that of the three posts I have done in three separate sections they have had over TWO THOUSAND views & his reputation is going down the pan fast.Ask yourself this would you wait for parts from PY or Ames for ten months & accept that no response to emails & no communication for five months was normal.
Dave from England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Funny you ask Dave. I got burned out of $1,000 on a re-stamped block on this board and when I tried to return it got accused of buyers remorse. Even with that I NEVER outed the seller, sucked it up as the cost of a lesson learned and went on my way. I don't expect $1,000 is any easier for me to earn than you.

Although your surgeries have been major they may not have changed the course of your life in any significant way. Todd's situation has. We've had board members die here, lose spouses, have crippling or terminal medical conditions, lose jobs & houses and as human beings we are compassionate for them. Todd is not a thief or a fraudster and as his friend I resent the implication.

I'll put my money where my mouth is too - if you do not have your parts or your money by May 1st, I will personally set up a collection to reimburse you for your loss and will match every dollar donated with one of my own until you are paid in full.

How's that for nerve!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave from England View Post
The Boss,
Not sure how you feel qualified to comment on the out come of the surgery Ive had. When you say it may not be life changing all I will say is what I said in my previous post that is I cant wait for ever.Whilst your going a long way to putting me down & defending your "friend" you still dont say what the problem is as to why he didn't ship my stuff or reply to my emails.Burgess a member on this board has said that as he lives in the same town/city as Todd if he was able to contact him he would volunteer to ship the stuff for him.Is it possible you can give Burgess the information he needs to be able to do this.If I am to receive my parts by 1st may they need to be mailed by 6th April as it can take anyware from 4 to 6 weeks for me to receive the package depending on how long it takes customs to clear it.As regards to "outing" your friend as you put it none of this unpleasantness would have been nessesary if he had kept in contact and explained himself
Dave from England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Dave,

I am not insulting you in any way and did not assume anything in my comment about your surgeries - if your situation is terminal as you are implying, I am sorry to hear that.

Burgess can feel free to get in touch with me and if he's willing to ship directly to you or to someone you have forwarding parts to you from stateside, I see no reason why it can't happen.

I've found there are two sides to every story and somewhere between them lies the truth. I've made a gesture here on your behalf, if you are not interested in it, let me know.

Chris
Reply to OP subject "Help & Advice Needed" poster: As an outside "no skin in the game" observer it seems as if you are attacking Chris while he is attempting to assist your OP.

Can tell you I've never met Chris in person, but HIS reputation and word is worth a great deal to me and many others here on this board and the Pontiac hobby in general.

Note to self: Refrain from engaging in business w a "Dave from England" is what immediately comes to my mind when reading the (my bolded) posts above.

Sorry for your loss of time and $, good luck.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Reply to OP subject "Help & Advice Needed" poster: As an outside "no skin in the game" observer it seems as if you are attacking Chris while he is attempting to assist your OP.

Can tell you I've never met Chris in person, but HIS reputation and word is worth a great deal to me and many others here on this board and the Pontiac hobby in general.

Note to self: Refrain from engaging in business w a "Dave from England" is what immediately comes to my mind when reading the (my bolded) posts above.

Sorry for your loss of time and $, good luck.
I think you're being a little hard on Dave, Chipmunk.

After reading this thread, it seems that BVZ has failed to communicate and failed to ship, even after he was made aware of the ongoing problem by another member.

Dave, were I you, and given the circumstances, I think I'd be looking into whether or not the police department in BVZ's locality accepts police reports online. Most do now, and perhaps a knock on the door and an inquiry by the local constabulary might shake loose either your parts or a quick refund.

Personally, I think you've been more than patient.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Suspended

Wink No worries Garlic Breath!

Thread lock in 5, 4, 3,...

Old 03-08-2015, 01:13 PM

i hope everything works out well for you dave

Old 03-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
I think you're being a little hard on Dave, Chipmunk.

After reading this thread, it seems that BVZ has failed to communicate and failed to ship, even after he was made aware of the ongoing problem by another member.

Dave, were I you, and given the circumstances, I think I'd be looking into whether or not the police department in BVZ's locality accepts police reports online. Most do now, and perhaps a knock on the door and an inquiry by the local constabulary might shake loose either your parts or a quick refund.

Personally, I think you've been more than patient.
I agree. Unless BVZ is in a body cast and cant move, there is no reason he cant return an E-mail and explain himself.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would agree, the ball is now in BVZ's court.

The situation is so bad, he can't contact Dave, and explain the situation? He must have access to a phone, if the Boss were able to make a contact.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:07 PM

PM sent to The Boss

Old 03-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
PM sent to The Boss
Returned, lets get this done, will be in touch.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-09-2015, 01:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good luck Dave, It is a shame a man your age has to go through this bs. I would make a report also.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I know it isn't my business, But I would like to know how this turns out.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:32 AM

Dave,
2 PM's sent, 2 email replies sent. I'm just trying to be sure you are seeing them.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for your help Paul.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Senior Chief

Default Help and advise needed

I have kept a low profile lately as The Boss & Burgess have got together to try & resolve the situation so Im just letting them get on with it.When there is a positive outcome I will let everybody know until then I ll just keep quiet.
Dave from England

Old 03-18-2015, 05:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In these stories, it always amazes me that the seller can always find time to take photos, list items for sale, and respond to inquiries about the item for sale. Then after they cash the check, the deal becomes far less important. If there's "a second side to the story" then I'm sure the OP would love to hear it.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Parts either have been or will shortly be shipped thanks in no small part to Paul.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Senior Chief

Default Help & advise needed

a big THANK YOU to The Boss & Paul Burgess for getting together and sorting out this unpleasant situation.Parts have not been shipped as yet due to BVZ (Todd) not being available until this Monday(16th) for the hand over of parts.Im now in contact with Paul Burgess by phone with regards to shipping etc.
Dave from England

Old 03-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave, considering the disaster of almost a year with no parts or refund, perhaps
a more appropriate screen name going forward would be Baron Von Hindenberg. You
have my condolences....nobody should be treated like this. I hope you do in fact receive
your parts.....let us know when you get them.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great, Thanks to all that stepped up and helped, Nothing to do with me directly but in some way indirectly, seeing how I love to see things like this get resolved when someone pays for something, And treating our over seas fellow hobbiest differently just because theres an ocean isn't cool. Don't know the circumstances but Dave I hope your parts are flying over the torch of the statue of liberty right now. PY, What a place.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great to see members helping members. Hope everything works out, Dave.