Old 01-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Default Need Help! 69 GTO wreck

My rust-free 69 driver got hit hard in the left rear.

After aguing the value with the other party who are at fault they have agreed to fix the car, which the car does deserve to be repaired.

I will be needing a left rear quarter, tailight section, extensions, basically everything on the left rear quarter. Also a trunk lid. NOS items prefered but would be willing to have a section if it is as rust free as this car is.

I do own several GTOs and have expressed to the insurance company the current value of these parts, so do not be afraid to call if you have these parts.

Plese call me if you can help, 704-759-0066, Thanks Rich

Old 01-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Sorry to read about your car getting hurt. Hope you were OK.
Hi, I have have a quarter on a Lemans. don't want to cut up a real GTO. Would you need outer wheelhouse? trunk extension? other?
if you cannot find something closer to you, email me and I can check what I have and price, pics too.

thanks,
Steve

Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
Also hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 01-12-2009, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the offer, and just my neck a little. More worried about this car, attached are a couple shots, guess I will need the whole corner.

Would hate to put lemans stuff on a car this nice, but it may very well be my only choice, Thanks Rich.

Hey if I do but parts from you I am driving there to get them, if i do drive will I get a tour of your cool pontiac stuff!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Accident_69 gto 12-23-2008.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	154184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Accident_69 gto 12-23-2008-2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	154185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Accident_69 gto 12-23-2008-3.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	154186  

Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a Le Mans deck lid,not NOS by any means,but very useable if you can't find anything else.My original plan was to paint up both of my decklids,one with spoiler and one without so I could change the look of my car in just a couple of minutes,but I've decided it would be more hassle than it's worth.no rust,1 small dent by the lock(i'll pull it out if you want)$300 + shipping.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a devastating hit. Has anyone taken a REALLY good look at the rear frame section? Say, from where the left lower control mounts to the back, especially over the rear axle? Any buckles around the 1/4 window or roof? gas tank neck?

PS, I would at least get the left trunk hinge, if not both.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJudge69 View Post
\Would hate to put lemans stuff on a car this nice, but it may very well be my only choice, Thanks Rich.

seriously? are lemans parts different? the only difference is the marker light hole as far as i know. sorry to hear about the damage to the car its not like you are putting chevy parts in it or something lol. good luck man

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
Old 01-13-2009, 09:38 AM

No, No No, I am not meaning to degrade any pontiac part what so ever. Its just that the insurance company thinks that it is going to save money fixing this car, let them pay the body shop for the correct parts.

As far as the damage, it is intense. Frame cowl everything. It was the Insurance company(theirs not mine) that wants to go this route, they think they are going to save money, I say this is a good opportunity to let some folks get top dollar for some nos stuff in this weak economy.

Hopefully that expains my statements a little better, Rich

Last edited by DaJudge69; 01-13-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Who hit you? What happened?

68 Firebird, trying a q-jet now. 434/10.5:1/997's/240-242 HFT/4L80E/2800 Yank/3.42's/ Vintage Air/ 13.0 @105 mph
70 Lemans, 350/350, A/C, mostly stock
14 Ram CC, 5.7 Hemi, 8-speed, 3.92 lsd
97 Trans Am, HPP Aug 2012 http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...tiac_trans_am/ ***Sold***
Old 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rich,

Glad to hear your ok and sorry about the car. I have an extra 69 tailpanel since I decided not to fix the green car. Let me know if you need it. Honestly reproduction sheetmetal will fit and finish just fine and you may end up using some of it if nobody wants to cut up a rust free body and ship parts etc. You mentioned the frame and cowl are damaged as well. How tweaked is the rest of the body? any roof kinks? If the damage extends up to the cowl you may have door and window fitment issues as well as panel alignment and body mount issues. What a headache, I hope nobody ever hits me.

Why is it always the left quarters?

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 01-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would suggest removing all of the interior and see what other damage there is...did it buckle the floors, break the body mounts to the frame, buckle interior metal...etc....once you or the body shop gets started...they may end up chasing damage from rear to front....don't want you to think it may only be the LR qtr....may need an entire rear clip and possibly frame?????

Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 PM

I guess it sticks out in traffic?

Guys the only thing that I can do at this point is do a complete frame-off and bring it back to perfection. Yes it is hurt bad, look at the front fender, think it was a hard hit? In addition, I was not stopped, just slowed down to go over the plates in the road. I will share the rest of the details later, but this was not an accident. Another case of some idiot who sees a GTO and thinks it is a hot rod, and of course they don't have one. I can't imagine what would have happened had I been stopped with my foot on the brake.

My new saying is that you cannot turn the world backwards, it is gonna spin, you got to decide if you’re gonna turn with it. I do not regret driving my cars, I still believe that is what they were built for, we just need to get certain people who don't get it removed from this rock. My life is focused on my eight year old, not these cars, otherwise I would have solved this issue on the spot, trust me. Only thing I can do is make it better than it was. I will take what the insurance pays for the damage then add the rest of the funds to make it right.

Yes, I would like the tail section and thanks for all the support.

You can email me at rdlaird@bellsouth.net or forward a contact number, my number is 704-759-0066
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Accident_69 gto 12-23-2008-4.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	154304  

Old 01-15-2009, 03:41 PM

WOW sorry to hear what happened!! As you can see (or have read) I am in the same pickle you are. My 68 was in NO WAY as nice as your car but it has sentimental value so that makes it hurt even more. I sure hope it all works out for you.

Jeff Reichel

68 GTO clone
Palmer, ALASKA
CHRIST for LIFE!
Phil 4:8
Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM

Default wreck

Hello again,Like I had said in a previous email. I have a few 1969's that I am parting out with there tailpanels intacked and in verry good shape. take a look. I will sell just the rear shell if needed. Anybody needing sections of the car or parts if they are solid just get in touch with me. Tom I live in the Northeastern area. Give me a shout back,Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC01873.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	155021   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01867.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	155022   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01877.JPG
Views:	26