THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking 2013 Kennywood Park Holiday Lights Show

Pittsburgh Independent Hi-Railers will have an O gauge train display at Kennywood Park for 2013. The show opens Nov. 29,2013 check their web sight for times. Usually 7-9 Fri-Sat Sun. through New Years. We have 4 main line tracks.The display is approx. 32X64,with many different scenes.Some are animated. It will take about 16 hrs-6 guys to get this operational. The park has some rides operating and the lights are beautiful(I'm serious). We are in the heated cafeteria-hot cocoa(good),tea and cookies! Might see a few Pontiacs at the drive-in(Christmas Story will be playing along with North-Pole Express). Bob

Old 11-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My favorite place as a kid growing up in Oakland in the late 60's. Surprised I made it out alive!!
I couldn't wait to be tall enough for the Jack Rabbit, & Thunderbolt. I think it had a sign that said 3rd fastest coaster in the world 95mph...........at that time. IIRC