Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to vaccaraj
Question good fitting header

is there such a thing as a reliable, good fitting header for my 67 gto. it has d-port heads. the ones i have on the car now are an old set of appliance headers from the sixties. the absolute worst set of headers i've ever installed, and i've installed alot of them. the car runs great with them, but 40 years later, some company has had to try to rectify this fit problem. can anyone offer some advice with this type of car.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:26 PM

i have used hedman and hooker for years, there good headers, but without suspension mods on these big cars,the long tube collectors like to turn into pancakes

Old 05-25-2009, 01:09 PM

If you are running a stock or mildly modified setup I would give serious consideration to the HO manifolds. Ive run hooker comps on a 67 GTO with auto and had no issues other than rerouting the tranny cooling lines, which was simple. I plan on running the ceraminc coated HO manifolds on my 4sp 67 GTO when I get around to replacing the exhaust system in a few months.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 PM

Doug's makes good-fitting D-port headers for your car, the ground clearance they offer is superior to all the other 4-tube headers out there.

Intalling just about any brand of headers requires you to move the brake distribution block on the frame right under the driver's feet, yours has probably been moved already.

The HO exhaust manifolds are also a very good option.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've got Dougs on my '66, and love them.

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"