Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I started the Judge yesterday and I must admit I have the meanist sounding car I ever heard. I have Pypes 3" X with the 3" Vtube mufflers and 2.5" tails. I think it may be to loud and I will expect to be ticketed. But this thing sounds mean mean mean!!!

ET 12.504
MPH 107
3940 lbs
Old 05-05-2005, 06:33 PM

I just installed Dougs headers on my 70. Did it while I was installing new engine. They fit like a glove. Prior to this I did however make my own proportioning valve bracket and reloate it up near the master. If left in existing location it could be a hang up.

Next time call me up to help (make sure to get the case of beer)

Old 05-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darrell:
I started the Judge yesterday and I must admit I have the meanist sounding car I ever heard. I have Pypes 3" X with the 3" Vtube mufflers and 2.5" tails. I think it may be to loud and I will expect to be ticketed. But this thing sounds mean mean mean!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on Darrel, I remember when my 3 " Pypes system was completely installed too, it sounds jut plain wicked....I immediately noticed the different sound and the extra bit of torque, I was roasting the BF Radials all over the place, other motorists were shocked and thinking WTF ?

501 HP, 554 ft lbs TQ
12.14 ET @ 114 MPH , Supercase Muncie M22, 3:55
Suspension: HO Racing, BMR< Sykorat, and Bilsteins
Narrowed 12 bolt , 16x8 VintageWheel Works,
Comp T/As on street, MT Drag Radials @ Strip

http://www.sdperformance.com/custome...1.php?carID=42
Old 05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gearbanger:
They lost my sale too, that's six. I was teetering back and forth between Doug's and Tri-y's. So when the dyno info came out basically proving the tri-y's were equivalent if not better than the 4-tube headers, I jumped ship and got the tri-y's. They should be here in a week or two. I can't wait.

Ccass, we appreciate your dedication to Pontiacs. But don't get too mad about people bashing other companies. If someone is doing a search on "Doug's headers" they are going to see all the positives as well as the negatives, and they can make their own choice. I am glad I saw both of these posts, especially about the coating issues. I definitely don't want to have issues with coating that I paid an extra $175 to get.

Also, if Doug or whoever is pissed, then they can get on here and straighten things out, just like the guy from Barry Grant did recently. I think he pretty well reassured confidence in his company by spending a little time to address the concerns rather than chewing out the people who were slamming them in private. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tri-y's are made by Doug's headers...

1968 Lemans. 37,000 original miles. GTO clone. 462ci/KRE 290 heads. UltraDyne 280/288 Solid/850 Qjet by Cliff/Performer RPM/TSP 9.5" in TH400/8.5" 3.42 gears/3950# Race weight/12.58@106 at Bandimere speedway high altitude
Old 05-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

68lemans462,

Wrong.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are wrong. Dougs Headers built the tri Y's

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 05-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

As gearbanger said. You are wrong 68lemans462. Doug's is not making the Tri-y's now. They had made them in the past. But Since I had picked up all patterns & headers from them at the 1st of the year when they sold the business. I have been able to make the improvements that I wanted & had asked them to do. The ones that they told me were impossible or to hard to do without totally redesigning the headers.

I know now that it was <span class="ev_code_RED">NOT </span> impossible & actually quite easy. I can see that it was just another way to just get a lot more money out of me.

Hi Ron don't you owe Darrell an apoligy

Old 05-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nope!

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 05-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another "Icon of hot rodding" sells out.
Thank goodness for the independent PONTIAC ENTHUSIAST, who strives to create/market a quality product and stands behind it.
Your welcome.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote by Darrell

"I will now except apologies from Ron on his thinking that the almighty Dougs could not make a mistake"

Ron,

It seems Darrell thinks he needs one. After all you basically told him his car was a tweaked salvaged car.

Quote Ron
"You say you keep modifying everyones junk to fit. The parts and pieces you are purchasing are probably not junk but you are trying to fit them on a car that is tweaked."

It seems Darrell thinks he needs one. After all you basically told him his car was a tweaked OR a junk car.
How would you feel if you were told your car must be a peice of junk. Just because of blind product loyalty.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's funny!

Anyway, Doug's is not not making the tri-y's. Doug's makes pretty good headers, but the tri-y's are dyno proven to be better for torque and horsepower than the four tubes with wider lobe separation. i.e. street cars. It has yet to be seen if the tri-y's will still be better when we see larger tubes used and have tests done on bigger and bigger horsepower engines. Tunnelport will soon be making his own headers, and will be free to experiment with all that without having to jack with companies that really don't care if people are getting the most they can out of their Pontiacs. Guys like Tunnelport are making it very fun and exciting to own and modify our Pontiacs!!

Thanks Tunnelport!

Closed Thread