THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:32 PM

Default Anniversary Race at Island Dragway this weekend

Anyone here going?

we will be there running the Summit E.T. points race on Saturday and then staying over for the event on Sunday.

There is supposed to be a good number of funny cars and nostalgia brackets for all sorts of cars running all kinds of ET's

We will be at the turn at the end of the tech road that is nearest to the time slip shack

JT

JT

Old 08-07-2021, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn island is always a good time . Haven’t been in years wish I’d seen this sooner.

NETO will probably be there that’s a really fun organization for anyone looking to race nostalgia classes . They make it easy in you too only needing 5 races for points . Great group of people and a lot of fun. Some really rare cars in the mix too like Wally booths copo camaro, .Rick moroso , Tony fiel in his vette Of course that was 10 years ago not sure they are still in it.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 08-09-2021, 08:41 PM

Here's some pics and whatnot about racing this weekend.
Not racing a Pontiac but did get to take some pics of cool Pontiacs at the track

I went (x4) rounds in Pro Bracket on Saturday and (x2) rounds yesterday in N2

This is my cousin and I nose to tail in the lanes as we are put on a ladder against each other in R3 >>> he went red against me.

Pontiac pics from the Anniversary Race.
There were about 16 Nostalgia Funny Cars with (x2) 2nd Gen TA bodies and (x1) 3rd Gen

Old 08-10-2021, 10:03 PM

I tried to add some pictures from the day but the post did not go through.

Here is another attempt

3rd Gen Fuel funny car

Racers GTO

And another

My car in the lanes with my cousin right behind me
We got paired on a ladder in R3

A Lemans in the car show area

JT

Old 08-12-2021, 05:20 PM

I tried to post pics and info about the event twice here and each ti.e I got a message the moderators will review the post or something. What gives? Both have not shown up. Car event stuff with a bunch of Pontiac pics.