Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 06-23-2023, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wtb 15” steelies and dog dish

I have G70-15 redlines (bias ply) tires on 15 X 7 Rally II’s. I love the look but for other than local cruises I’d rather have radial redlines.
Since the tires are in great shape I thinking I’d get a set of 15” steel wheels and dog dish caps to change up the look occasionally (running 17 x 9 Rally II’s on my other convertible).
My question is will aftermarket dog dish caps fit on any 15” x 5 (or 6”) steel wheels (5 x 4.75) or do I need to source specific wheels. Thanks

Old 06-23-2023, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have run my OE dog dish hubcaps on 14" GTO steel rims, 15" steel rims acquired from a salvage yard and 17" Wheel Vintiques Series 62 steel rims. I have heard of some people having issues with dog dish caps on other aftermarket rims, but I know the Series 62 work.

Aftermarket dog dish are designed to fit the OE wheels.

Summit stocks the WV Series 62 in 15x5, 6, 7 and 8" sizes

https://www.summitracing.com/itemgro...ackspacing-in=

FWIW - a G70x15 should be mounted on at LEAST a 6" wide rim. Recommended is 6 - 8". You should be able to find some 15x7" 5x4.75" steel rims at a good salvage yard that has some older cars.

I just noticed that you are in Long Island and probably don't have access to what I do here. I know with one phone call, I could find some less than an hour away, but I live in flyover country....

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2023, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have the Wheel Vintiques Series 62 wheels with dog dish caps purchased through Ames. Fit & look great.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeGermanHam For This Useful Post: