THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-02-2024, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I graduated college in 1982 and bought a 1982 Trans Am with a factory 4-spd WS6 with a 305 carb engine. It was a dog, I think the HP rating was only about 160 hp. The factory 4-spds were pretty low production, but I never thought they would be collectible. At the time, I also had a gold 1979 WS6 4-spd T/A. I never thought any Trans Ams or Formulas after the SD455 cars would be collectible. I certainly blew that call.

The Following User Says Thank You to poncho-mike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Most don't care.

Old 05-02-2024, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Restomod and the nicer the car they do it to the better for them. I have seen several clean low mile or restored cars restomoded. Wasn’t there a HO t/a just parted for that reason on PY? I personally think they don’t want anything old, slow, or original needs to have modern drive train and creature comforts.