Old 09-18-2014, 05:44 PM

Perhaps they are not done with the wheel detail yet.

Lane did these Fenton Gyros for their Bill Hielscher Camaro and the finish could probably
be done in any desired level of "shininess" to match the real car.

I don't think they ever used these on any other release. I'd like to have a couple dozen!

Last edited by Dr HEMI; 09-18-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer
Default Lane Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr HEMI View Post
Perhaps they are not done with the wheel detail yet.

Lane did these Fenton Gyros for their Bill Hielscher Camaro and the finish could probably
be done in any desired level of "shininess" to match the real car.

I don't think they ever used these on any other release. I'd like to have a couple dozen!

Thank you for the information. This morning I sent your information onto ACME Trader along with the image of the wheel.

Lets see how things turn out

Old 09-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

WOW, great news. I was lucky enough to see the Blackbird in person and park next to it during the Dream Cruise. A great street racing legend that deserves the recognition it's getting. Congratulations Eric!

Old 10-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 2013 Woodward Dream Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYA View Post
WOW, great news. I was lucky enough to see the Blackbird in person and park next to it during the Dream Cruise. A great street racing legend that deserves the recognition it's getting. Congratulations Eric!
Here are a few pictures taken with Andy, Kenny and Andy's beautiful 1969 Firebird. Andy and Kenny trailered the 'bird from NYC to the 2013 Woodward Dream Cruise.

I'm beating they had a great time meeting some of the "famous" locals. Including meeting Harold Sullivan, the owner of the late Jimmy Addison's '67 GTX, "Silver Bullet".

Kenny was not shy about getting pictures along side some famous people.

If you ever come to the Dream Cruise you must be prepared to spend the week leading up to the official Dream Cruise Saturday. It is truely a week long event with many activites leading up to the Saturday cruise day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Andy' 69 Firebird 428 Flanked By Blackbird and Bobcat.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	378023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kenny with Linda Vauhn on left.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	378024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kenny with Pawn Star.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	378025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Andy and Kenny photographed at WOMC look out.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	378027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim Johnson on the air Dream Cruise.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	378028  

Last edited by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer; 10-05-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:38 PM

Default Not a Pontiac but......

I hope we can visit with some of you guys next summer as we have been invited
(by this guy) to bring our Hemi Duster to the Chrysler display at Woodward 2015.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice Duster. I love the ghost lettering graphics which look similar to the old Motown Missile's.

"This Guy" in your driver's seat looks a lot like Tom Hoover....You should have a great time if you come. The Chrysler display is on Saturday at Northwood Shopping Center at Woodward and 13 Mile Rd. in Royal Oak. (I do NOT know Tom Hoover personally. I never had the pleasure)

I have the Black Bird parked with the Royal Pontiac Club almost two miles north on Old Woodward in downtown Birmingham. But, I wonder between a group of auto industry guys at 14 Mile Rd and downtown Birmingham near Maple Rd (15 Mile Rd).

I do have the Black Bird at Larry Paine's Duggan's Irish Pub on Woodward a couple blocks north of 13 Mile Rd on Thursday, Dream Cruise week, for a private party.

A picture of both Addison's GTX, Silver Bullet, and the Black Bird hang on a wall on the second floor of Duggan's.

I hope you can make it for the WHOLE week leading up to the Saturday Dream Cruise. There is a lot going on.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer View Post
"This Guy" in your driver's seat looks a lot like Tom Hoover.....
Thanks Eric.

Who's Tom Hoover? LOL

Brother Denny get's ALL of the credit. He did everything but the paint and also designed and sells
the HDK coil-over front suspension conversion that allows any Mopar V8 to be installed in a 67-76
A-body with full HVAC and a power rack & pinion if desired. All under a flat hood.

This car has an all-aluminum 426 Gen II Hemi with an aluminum case A833 4-speed and a Gear
Vendors overdrive. There is a street rod type 4-link suspension w/coil overs in the rear. A/C too!

The Ghost graphics are an exact duplicate of the '72 Mopar Missile Pro-Stock Duster.....right down
to all of the contingency sponsor logos on the rockers and tail panel. Actually made by a computer
from a scan of the real car.

At Woodward we will probably be hanging out with friends Greg Charney, Ted Spehar and Joe Pappas.

Greg told me we should try to get there by Wednesday (we are only about an hour or so away) and
hopefully on Wed & Thurs might be able to cruise to some of those spots you mentioned. I'll keep
your post for reference.

I realize by Friday not much is moving and of course Saturday we will be parked all day.

It would be great if we would happen to bump into you!

Builder Denny with Tom Hoover

Pictured with Ben Donhoff's original Mopar Missile Pro-Stock Duster

Don Carlton Jr. in Duster

Mr. Hoover, Joe Pappas & Denny

Denny's all Aluminum 426 Hemi

Last edited by Dr HEMI; 11-12-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr HEMI View Post
...with an aluminum case A833 4-speed...
Yay A833!

(lol)

That's the same transmission that came in my '87 Chevy pickup, geared with 3rd gear as 1:1 and 4th gear as a .73:1 overdrive (complete with a factory Hurst shifter).

K
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_8740.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	381759  

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 11-12-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
That's the same transmission that came in my '87 Chevy pickup, geared with 3rd gear as 1:1 and
4th gear as a .73:1 overdrive (complete with a factory Hurst shifter).
That oddball O.D. one was offered by Chrysler as well in some "economy" applications.

This one was originally the same A833 cast iron 1:1 high gear unit that came in every muscle Mopar from
the early 60's on. Characteristically bulletproof but very heavy, it was treated to a Passon Performance
aluminum case to reduce weight.

The Gear Vendors overdrive unit replaces the regular tailshaft housing.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Was the die cast released and sold out? You can't order it.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brut4s View Post
Was the die cast released and sold out? You can't order it.
It hasn't been released yet. Every diecast site I check has them available for pre-order.

ACME's site says "out of stock" but their site always does that on items they don't have yet.

Here's one of many where you can pre-order:
http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/htm.../reviewpix.htm

and an ebay link selling pre-orders: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3711662...ectorid=229466

Meanwhile, you can wait it out with a pair of custom 1/18 Blackbird floormats:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2313891...ectorid=229466

Old 12-20-2014, 12:06 AM

The Blackbirds are SOLD OUT now.....Better check eBay!

Old 01-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Black Bird in stores and on line

Ok, both the latest issue of "Muscle Car Review" February 2015 and ACME Trader's die cast of the Black Bird are on newsstands and at select hobby stores.

ACME has sold out and shipped the cars to places like Summit Racing and other carriers of die cast items. Try ebay and Amazon too.

According to what is on the box the die cast is limited to 948. They are numbered. The number is hidden in the trunk on the drivers side inner quarter panel.

I'm having problems attaching both the article in the February issue of "Muscle Car Review" and the photos of the die cast.

Good luck.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok... Now who has been watching Barrett Jackson?

Talk about some interesting stuff...for the last couple of days I have been on the phone and getting as well as forwarding texts and pictures from an info board of a silver 1969 Firebird Ram Air IV at Barrett Jackson.
Funny none of the guys who were "there" at PMD Advance Engineering, Royal Pontiac and Product Development who had been involved with the Trans Am project and could not verify this car.

The cars info board actually said Royal Pontiac Hollywood California. There was never a tie in to Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac of Royal Oak, MI. Just like no tie in with Royal Pontiac of North Carolina.
About the only thing they could verify is that Gene Winfield was involved with the early design of the Trans Am.

Saturday night the hammer went down at $270,000.00. Boy did my cell phone light up with even more texts messages. I received morning phone calls of dismay and anger from those who had been at Royal during the time period this car was to have gone through there. according to the information given at the auction!

One of the guys wants to talked to who ever bought the car. He and a few others want nothing to do with Barrett Jackson. Not even watch it.

Wow, I could feel their steam through the texts and phone!

Before I pass judgement I'd like to see the documentation. I'm hoping there is more then just a PHS report. There has got to be a paper trail for that kind of money. There are many people who where involved with the development of the Trans Am that are still alive today to get complete verification on this car. So far the people I know, and have already seen this car over the last couple of years, can NOT verify it. Tough spot to be in.

Every one just needs to cool down. Take a deep breath...Take these auctions for what they are...a three ring circus and entertainment...Short hammer to help one of their friends get a car cheap while in a bidding war. Long Hammer to sell a friend's car for them with a lot of hype.

Lets have a fresh new day today and be thankful for what we do know (its not our money) and have a better day tomorrow.

Last edited by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer; 01-18-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Neat promo for the Saturday morning gather I attend at Pastiener's Auto Zone Hobbies. Steve Pasteiner was brought to Barrett Jackson for Friday's auction of Bubba Watson's C-Hawk for charity. It sold for $410,000.00.

Steve had been with General Motors Design. One of his projects was the Buick GNX. He was the program director for the project. After Steve left GM he open a company that build cars for special programs. He has an on going program called the Commemorative Corvette. He converts C5 Corvettes into 1953 style corvettes and Nomads.

Steve built for Buick's 100 years a car called the Black Hawk. It was a modern version of Harley Earls' personal car from the 1930's. Barrett Jackson sold that car for over $450,000.00. But the car could not be titled for street use. Display only under a General Motor agreement.

A gentleman tracked Steve down to build him a similar car. That car was this C-Hawk based on a 1939 Cadillac LaSalle. I watched the progress of this car. It was amazing.

After a couple of years this gentleman decided to sell the car a Barrett Jackson. Steve went with him to go on stage and explain the car to audience. Their hopes where to at least match the money that had been paid for the Black Hawk. At least with this car you could title it and drive it.

Before Steve stepped out of the car the bidding began between at least three bidders. The SHORT hammer came down and Greg Jackson's golf buddy, won the car for $265,000.00. Approximately the amount of money invested in building this car.

This year Steve was flown down to AZ on Barrett Jackson's dime. They had him on the podium and speak about the C-Hawk. But this time it was on behave of Bubba Watson, Greg Jackson's golf buddy. As the bidding began Mike Joy told the TV audience about Steve's book store in Birmingham on Woodward Ave were the car guys from the industry gather every Saturday.

Like I said, take these auctions for what they are....entertainment and not for the true value of your car. ie, don't believe everything you see.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Muscle Car Review Feb 2015

Got it to work. I have up loaded the February issue of "Muscle Car Review"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Black Bird Muscle Car Review Feb 2015 cover.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	387781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Bird Muscle Car pg 1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	387782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Bird Muscle car pg 2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	387783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Bird Muscle Car Review pg 3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	387784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Bird Muscle Car Review pg 4.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	387785  

Old 01-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wink ACME Trader Die Cast

Got these pictures of the 1/18 scale Black Bird die casts from ACME.

Nice example of the real thing!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0001.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	387786   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	387787   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	387788   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	387789   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	387790  

Old 01-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer View Post
Ok... Now who has been watching Barrett Jackson?

Talk about some interesting stuff...for the last couple of days I have been on the phone and getting as well as forwarding texts and pictures from an info board of a silver 1969 Firebird Ram Air IV at Barrett Jackson.
Funny none of the guys who were "there" at PMD Advance Engineering, Royal Pontiac and Product Development who had been involved with the Trans Am project and could not verify this car.

The cars info board actually said Royal Pontiac Hollywood California. There was never a tie in to Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac of Royal Oak, MI. Just like no tie in with Royal Pontiac of North Carolina.
About the only thing they could verify is that Gene Winfield was involved with the early design of the Trans Am.

Saturday night the hammer went down at $270,000.00. Boy did my cell phone light up with even more texts messages. I received morning phone calls of dismay and anger from those who had been at Royal during the time period this car was to have gone through there. according to the information given at the auction!

One of the guys wants to talked to who ever bought the car. He and a few others want nothing to do with Barrett Jackson. Not even watch it.

Wow, I could feel their steam through the texts and phone!

Before I pass judgement I'd like to see the documentation. I'm hoping there is more then just a PHS report. There has got to be a paper trail for that kind of money. There are many people who where involved with the development of the Trans Am that are still alive today to get complete verification on this car. So far the people I know, and have already seen this car over the last couple of years, can NOT verify it. Tough spot to be in.

Every one just needs to cool down. Take a deep breath...Take these auctions for what they are...a three ring circus and entertainment...Short hammer to help one of their friends get a car cheap while in a bidding war. Long Hammer to sell a friend's car for them with a lot of hype.

Lets have a fresh new day today and be thankful for what we do know (its not our money) and have a better day tomorrow.
Dr. Schiffer, you have to get out into the other forums every once in a while! ... There has been extensive discussion of this car as the owner is a member here. The original 'vetting' of the car is in this thread...
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=654259

Then there's a long thread on the resto of the car here-
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...t=silver+trans

Last edited by Greg Reid; 01-18-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Dr. Schiffer, you have to get out into the other forums every once in a while! ... There has been extensive discussion of this car as the owner is a member here. The original 'vetting' of the car is in this thread...
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=654259

Then there's a long thread on the resto of the car here-
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...t=silver+trans
Thanks Greg....Now for sure I'm distancing myself from this topic. I hope he got the amount he wanted out of the auction and had a good experience.

Have a good night.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Re: Him getting what he wanted, hopefully so...
BTW, the Blackbird miniature looks great! If the car was sitting on a more realistic surface, it would be hard to tell it from the full scale car!