Old 12-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Suspended

According to the advertisements on Mecum site for all 3 auctions it was at,it IS a RAIV Judge.

Last edited by gregsgtos2; 12-05-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by weranc55 View Post
You know that bid is BS. I dont think that car is worth 75k today. That color kills it. I would rather have a green judge and I dislike green. He paid around 55k for the car and he wont sell it for 75? I dont think the guy is that greedy.
It's obvious the reserve was 76,000 because the "bidding" ended at 75k. An auction house has the right to phantom bid a reserve car up to just below the reserve in order to get that one bidder who will bid one dollar above the reserve and make the car sold. Unless the car actually sells at a reserve auction, any bids you see or hear are just make believe and should never be used to compare to a real sale.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you saying it was not originally built as a RA IV Judge, or that it does not have it's original RA IV motor now?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It would seem logical to post the phs as a selling point? Then its up to potential buyer to determine if its really matching from inspections.

The phs speaks volumes and you can always get your own if there is doubt.

Interests seems low, as does the price..RAIV Judge matching in unique color 4 speed too.

But, once a car runs from auction to auction it gets "stepchild" looking for love and no bids when it has a reserve...IMHO

Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Suspended

The quickest way to kill a RAIV JUDGE-take it to a Mecum auction. I can say that is a fact from personal experience.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakepowell View Post
If this was the same car that was at Indianapolis it is not an original RA IV car. Jim Mattison who was at the Indianapolis auction had all the PHS's for the cars being sold there and confirmed for me that it was not an original RA IV car.
Ive seen the phs for that car when it came out of florida years ago and it is a real Ram IV car. Interior color has been changed from gold to white. and it originaly had olive green stripes on it.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Suspended

the interior change helped. now if he would just paint the car black-it would be stunning.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 AM

Default DON'T CHANGE THAT COLOR!

Don't change the color on that car.There are 3 guys here that love it,currently I hear there pooling the money to go buy it and they can share it between them.Just think you can drive this all year round no worries on rust etc. Theft is unlikely and the wife won't bother you to take it out with her girlfriends.Then go to TEAM CAMARO and buy the expresso brown documented 69 Z28 and you'll have 2 of the rarest cars in the country.Just think of the money saved in the long run,put a little wood on the outside and you don't have to buy a coffin when you pass some day.Only question is can we find a expresso brown 442 for the 3rd guy so he isn't left out when his time comes.
I love this color and had a 77 T/A in it,only way to get rid of that car was to wrap it around a tree in the northeast winter.Nurse was pulling moss( north side of the tree) from my face/ head for hrs, thought I had green velour int.

Disclaimer*****- no offense to anybody who is on their death bed and owns an expresso brown car.HOME DEPOT has a sale, 2 for 1 on wood siding thru the end of Dec.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Hey, at least it's not Mayfair Maize.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Suspended

OR........If your local waste water treatment plant is due for a new company vehicle-WHAT CAR COULD POSSIBLY BE BETTER???????????

Old 12-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hold on! I'm offended...I own an Expresso Mocha Latte Brown GTO vert with black interior.

This thread has me so worked up that I might just do a Starlight Black red interior fake Judge with the new Keisler 600rs trans and a non matching number "RAIV" engine with 6X heads on 455, an 041 cam and those rare d-port ram air manifolds.

In all seriousness, have seen some Expresso cars that look good with the right interior combination, just not my preference of colors. Rare...yes. Desireable...no.

Not joking when I say my Expresso car is being done Starlight Black if I keep it. To each their own.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:37 AM

Is this the same car that's now on Ebay for 119K?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OK,this sparks a question.I bought the RA III judge from bulletproof because it was NOT a orange car!It is a gold car with gold interior.Its down to bare metal from taking the repait orange off the car.Should I not put it back to original or paint it another color.The only thing done on the interior is the dash.Tom

Old 12-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would restore the car how you want it done and will be happy with it. Personally, I like Antique Gold Judges and would do it original.

All ***** aside, I would have done the car this thread is about in the original Espresso Brown with Black Interior (think that was original colors) just because it is a RAIV Judge.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Suspended

Yes,this is the car on ebay. Tom-black with parchment or red interior= killer

Old 12-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After looking at the pictures of that car on ebay, there are many reasons it is being whored around auction houses and not bringing top dollar. Lot of things could be addressed with very little time and effort in comparison to the asking price.

If this car can be worth 119, whoever bought gregs polar white 70 iv judge got a screaming deal. It was a much nicer car!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Greg,the body is nice but dont think I would want this painter to do black.I want a nice driver with a chance of coming out alive when its time to move on.Tom

Old 12-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Come out ahead on a car as an investment? Is there such a car??

Old 12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I said alive,only Greg finds ways to come out ahead!LOL

Old 12-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Come out ahead on a car as an investment? Is there such a car??
Plenty of them - but some of them need to be parted out rather than restored to achieve that.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978