Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-04-2000, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just picked up my new company car last week. It is a 2000 Grand Prix. Since it has been hot in Southern California the past week or so I too have thought my GM product was not cooling as good as it should. I guess the new stuff is not up to par. If this really the performance or the new R134 I do not look forward to going to Las Vegas on business next week.

Ron

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 06-04-2000, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

Dave-that's what i like about the Cummins.It's like my Cobra-it makes people roll up their windows when you're at a stop light next to them.8)

Old 06-04-2000, 07:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Ron, Finally dumped that F#@d Taurus! Lisa's 99 GMC Safari doesnt seem to cool to well up here in the desert aroound town (if temp is 90 deg. & up). But does freeze yer giggy on the freeway! Guy

Old 06-07-2000, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just did my toyota truck and 77 TA with 134a.
The truck works great 47-48 degree air from the ducts at high idle.
The car sucks 55-58 degrees at high idle. Thanks GM !
I the lines are cold and wet on the car but the air does not get as cold. I thing 2 gen air condition was a bit weak anyway though.

Old 06-07-2000, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, you will not notice the difference between the R-12 and R-134, only on the initially start up, it will seem to be not as cool. I service a few 99 cars with R-134, and I can tell you that even on hot 90 degree days, they will freeze your balls off ( Pontiac Dude said it was ok to say that ) so Bob don't let them bull **** you. You will not notice the difference between the two, only on initial start up. Don't get me started, on Politic's

Old 06-07-2000, 08:46 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!

Thanks, Lou, nice to see you back. taking your vitamins?

------------------
You really have to wonder
about the farmer who
discovered where milk comes
from.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 06-10-2000, 06:02 AM

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob ... what are we going to do with "bothering" those folks at the dealership. The best thing I ever did was to keep my 79 TA away from the dealership. On other cars that I didn't baby, I had trouble with things "failing" after having the car checked out per the warranty suggestions. The R134 system in my GTP works fairly well ... in contrast to the 100% retro fit on my 86 full size Blazer. That new compressor moans and doesn't cool as well as the older system. On occasion the old 12 system would spew cold vapor (driving in moist Florida) and chill you out that I received gripes about it from my wife. Never get those complaints now with the R 134. The dog also despises that new system too ... pants like crazy now. I think the system in the GTP is efficient, at least in the space it is cooling, even on hot days. Continue to wave the arms and tell them your postal friends hate riding in warm cars to work each day. :-) Hope you get some cool satisfaction soon.

Old 06-10-2000, 10:29 AM
Senior Chief

Bill: to be honest, looking under the hood of this thing terrifies me. There's a LOT of stuff I don't recognize-it don't even have a DISTRIBUTOR! And, it's under warranty, and the last trip seems to have worked. We'll see with our next 90 degree hot spell, which is supposed to be next week.

------------------
You really have to wonder
about the farmer who
discovered where milk comes
from.

Old 06-16-2000, 04:58 PM
Senior Chief

The problem is apparently solved with the last service call. It was, feature this, 113 here Wednesday and the car still spewed cold air out the vents. I love it when a rant works!

------------------
For sale: 61-64 Full-size
steering boxes WITH pitman
arms! Several to choose from,
$800-1200, e-mail me.

Old 06-16-2000, 10:25 PM

congrats on the sucess. you see if you get mad enough they will fix the problem for you!mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill