Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Just because someone is a member

Just because someone is a member.............. with hundreds of posts......

I offered up FREE some side stripes for 71-72 birds. I paid 180. Sat for a couple years. Tried once to sell at 100. No sale. So recently offered them for shipping only. (11 bucks). Thought I'd make someone's day. Even sent them on trust, as member said they would send shipping $ next day. Never received.

Member wouldn't respond to last couple PM's. I even spent time typing up installation advice. USPS tracking showed delivered.

Guy is still happily posting on PY like nothing.

I should out him, but I hate to stoop to that level. The worst part is #2 request for them was a father / son bird build that was so appreciative I even offered them, and he didn't get them, and he knew that. I feel bad on that, he deserved them. Sorry brother, you should have got them.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's always good to know who we are dealing with, or at a minimum, hear the excuse/other side of the story.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 07-29-2021, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well that was very kind of you to move them along to someone who could use them.. To bad it wasn't #2. I would send a private message and if no response call it a day and move on. I find there are alot of decent people on the form. Maybe it's the younger generation. I see it all the time at work. No appreciation for anything. Oh well a sign of the times.

Old 07-29-2021, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like you've given them more than a fair chance to be stand up. If they get called out, that's on them. You might save someone else from getting screwed even worse. Criminals get away with something and their like, "That was easy. I think I'll take even more next time!".

Old 07-30-2021, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I received a PM from member. Out of town with elderly mother issues. Could post here from phone but couldn't get PM's. Cash was mailed to me weeks ago. (Never got). Hasn't been home to see if stripes got there. So I take at face value, life happens. I don't need shipping and told member to donate to charity, add to food tip, give to needy friend, whatever. I apologize for this thread, current posting tripped me off a little, but people getting along is all that matters. Thank you for humoring me.