Old 07-14-2021, 10:19 PM
Senior Chief

I can get a bulk rate on transistor circuit boards with a trim pot for hood tachs.. Can be made very accurate.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
I can get a bulk rate on transistor circuit boards with a trim pot for hood tachs.. Can be made very accurate.
I have done this with inboard and hood tachs. Modern tech ( well not that modern) makes many things more accurate.
I have a set up on my temp gauge wire to make it dead on.
From the factory ALL the gauges were deemed "in spec" if off up to 7%
This Includes the mechanical Speedo as the gearing was for the tallest tire on that car with said gears so it could be off, but only would read too fast, which was fine by the DOT.
Since we sold Fleet Sate Cruisers etc, I had the class on checking speedos and also certifying the speedos in State Police cars.
Too bad the hood tachs couldn't handle the weather or a car wash too well.
We stocked the Glass and seal in the parts room, but typically the face wasnt too good once we got them replaced.