Old 07-01-2021, 06:42 AM

Default In the Shop for rust repair

Currently the car is in the bodyshop, been there for just under 3 weeks, and i guess it will be done in the very soon. i uploded som pictures before it went in.
Pretty exited to see the blend-in job towards the current paint from about 2006.
Towards the rear fender and towards the roof line.

because i drive the car almost daily in the summer season, stuff like this happens even if it lives in wax aand coating bubble.

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++
The Following User Says Thank You to djustice For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2021, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool! How about some shots of the whole car? Looks nice! You're in Norway?

Old 07-01-2021, 07:42 AM

A cropped image from hot august nigth in Trondheim Norway 2019 , taken by proffesional photgraper, but a lot have been alterd on the car since then.
I live about 30 minutes away from the iconic Atlantic road, where a lot of car manufacturers shoot their car comercials.
I have been meaning to do a dash cam drive over the road and upload it but never got around to getting a good HD camera.

And a few randoms:

I know the sticker is tacky, but i am that kind of person that lays into it when the traffic ligth's turn green so by the time they have read the sticker waiting for green they get a show.

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djustice For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very sharp! Thanks! Yeah, lose the sticker!

Old 07-02-2021, 05:04 AM
Suspended

Nice car. I dig the sticker.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Youll be happy you fixed the rust now , before it spreads. Looking great!

Old 07-02-2021, 10:30 AM

yeah, it is not the first time it is in the bodyshop, i have had 2 prior jobs done, when i saw bubbling starting on lower doors and lower rear quarters.
The doors where repainted including mirrors, and the rear quarters where resprayed up to the body line.
I also had them take out the windscreen and inspect the sealing surface since i was getting droplets in the car on heavy rain, to my shock they said that all that was holding the windscreen in was 2 dabs of white putty on either side, they used modern window sealant and glued the front windscreen in place and also rust treated the sealing surface, resprayed the inside part of the cowl panel.
And i have re-done the endura bumper twice. (people love to lean on the bumper it seems.)

And 1 week after i re-did the bumper, i get stuck in a roundabout as the fire department had a an emergency , all traffic stops, and the lady in a BMW x5 freeze up as she is blocking the path of the firetruck trough the roundabout and backs into my newly painted bumper......
the guy in the firetruck frantically signal to her to get out of the way, and she takes off letting the fire truck by, while i have to wait for the whole fleet of emergency vehicles to pass. In that prosess i dont get to meet up with her and i have to take another round out of my pocket for the bumper...

Old 07-12-2021, 12:22 PM

Got a text 1 hour before i left work today that the car was ready for pickup,
Went straigth over after work and piced it up, and it looks flawless to my eyes.
i looked at it from a few different angles and so far in sunligth i can not see blend lines.
Pretty happy, now i need to level the paint with a DA polisher to match the flwless painted area, but i guess there is some wait (cure) time before i can add wax or other chemicals to the paint

Old 07-12-2021, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks really good. You must be pretty happy!

Old 07-12-2021, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks great! Must feel good to see it look so much better.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks fantastic