Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM93 View Post
From what I gather, they dropped that last 300 feet because it wasn't making a difference in who won the race. The only thing that might happen was the cars going airborne.
They did drop it to 1000 feet for the Fuel cars only in National events. After Scott Kalitta had his devastating crash.

Many tracks have gone to an 1/8 mile format due to insurance reasons. Thankfully Divisions races still let us go full track.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73LeMans View Post
The short answer, as has been said, is yes. The check for safety at tracks is constant, (at least @ NED it is) and inline with whatever time your car runs, regardless if its a "street" car or a "race" car

I'm not one for being over regulated, and don't like authority any more than the next guy, but I have to disagree with the statement that roll bar, or any other safety gear makes any person or vehicle LESS safe to drive around on the street. If its all done properly and you know how to operate it (5pt harness for instance) it all works to protect you.

NED tech is usually pretty cool.

They checked to see if my neutral safety works (it doesn't), and let it slide if I promised to fix it. lol

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 07-11-2021, 09:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
NED tech is usually pretty cool.

They checked to see if my neutral safety works (it doesn't), and let it slide if I promised to fix it. lol
I agree man...always cool.....just consistent in what they check. They always check my neutral safety too......and main cutoff, seatbelts, and safety equipment. (helmet, jacket) etc.

Maybe I just have a look like Im trying to get away with something, I dunno?

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread
Old 07-11-2021, 11:40 PM

I ran a 10.50 and have an 8pt roll bar but was told I needed a trans shield to come back. Once you go in the 11s their going to pay attention to your equipment.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk