67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2024, 06:21 PM

Default 67 Firebird 400 Engine Stamp

I have read that 'Early' production Firebird 400 engines did NOT have a VIN stamped on the block. Instead, I read that early cars only have the EUN stamped on block.

Question - can someone define 'early production'? Would a car with VIN around '22xxx' and a build date around 3rd week of March '67 be considered 'early'? Since 67 production began in February, I would assume so...but I'm not an expert. The car I'm referring to has the EUN stamp - which matches perfectly to the PHS report - but I can find a VIN stamp on this block. I really don't question the authenticity of the engine block, just trying to figure out if it 'should' be there and whether I need to keep looking harder (engine is in the car).

Hoping that a Pontiac expert can offer some insights. Or, maybe someone else has a VIN in this general vicinity and can comment on whether they have a VIN stamp.

Thanks!