Old 12-09-2001, 07:11 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Robert Imhof Send a message via MSN to Robert Imhof

Is there anybody who makes his/hers shifters for GTO's? Or restore and sell them? Hurst sells them but only for firebirds!

-Robert Imhof

------------------
"It's all fun and games until somebody gets their doors blown off!" Sleepers Rule!
-Pontiac Lemans, The ultimate sleeper.

Old 12-09-2001, 07:11 PM
Senior Chief

Is there anybody who makes his/hers shifters for GTO's? Or restore and sell them? Hurst sells them but only for firebirds!

-Robert Imhof

------------------
"It's all fun and games until somebody gets their doors blown off!" Sleepers Rule!

Old 12-09-2001, 07:24 PM
Senior Chief

Will the Oldsmobile His/Hers shifter work?

-Robert Imhof

------------------

Old 12-09-2001, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

'69 Hurst Olds dualgate is different from '67, or '68 GTO. '70-72 442 is different yet. A complete cherry '69 Hurst Olds assembly will usually bring major moolah. Have bought '67 GTO units over the years that had been "made up" into '69 Hurst Olds units. The Olds units will have the angled stick. Which GTO unit do you need, I have several of each style.

67 GTO dualgate has different lower bracketry, different shifter cable, & different top plate than the '68 GTO dualgate.

Pete Serio, is one of the few enthusiasts that knows these shifters inside & out & hopefully he will be along to post.

Old 12-09-2001, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pete Serios site is :www.precisionpontiac.com
He has Hurst shifters for sale and a restoration service. Also some dash gauges restored/sold.
I have seen some on Franks Pontiac parts site as well.www.frankspontiacparts.com
Percy who is a member on this site also has a decent list of parts at any given time.
I dont know his site address. He has a 69 car for sale in the GTO for sale section I think. Hes in PA.
Hope this helps. You can always post a want add. You will find one off this site. Jeff

Old 12-12-2001, 12:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll vouch for the quality of Peter Serio's work. -Matt

Old 12-14-2001, 07:19 PM
Senior Chief

Man, not many people hang around this section.

-Robert Imhof

------------------

Old 12-19-2001, 02:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

dual/gates are a replacement item only, no parts were
ever available to rebuild them. Believe me , as I have looked for years for parts and they offered the shifter as a complete unit, if there was ever a problem they said(hurst) "it's a remove and replace item" only.
The holes stamped in the metal do ten to waller out or "egg shape" over time and there's no way to repair the holes, plus the parts are not available so there's really no way to rebuild a dual/gate shifter, best to just look for a better one with less miles on it.

------------------
Peter Serio
Owner, Precision Pontiac