Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2022, 11:22 PM

Default 1972 LeMans, 400 improvements

I've owned this cars since 1992(high school). 42,000 miles, bench seat, column shifter, a/c, PS, PB. Solid car.

Originally I added rebuilt #16 heads to the 350, log manifolds, crush bent dual exhaust. Along with cast iron intake, a Q jet and dual snorkel, HO racing carb and Distributor kits and HO-01 cam. Shift kit in the t350 with a 12 bolt 3.55 post. 15" Honeycomb wheels., added front disk brakes 15 years ago.

I spent many evenings working on it.

The 350 wasn't enough and seemed tired. So in 1995 I pulled a 400 out of a 72 full size parts car we have. Rebuilt .030 with a Warrior kit and 068 cam. With the 16 heads and other stuff above. Runs great, fun to drive.

Recently added a rebuilt 200 4R I've had stashed away for 20 years. Nice upgrade.

Never been to the drag strip but bought a Dragy recently and was disappointed at my best so far of 14.6 at 95 mph. Any my wife's Mach E runs around 13.8 so upgrade time.....

At least I can beat my dad's 6.2 LS pickup.

I'm new here and have asked some questions on other threads about improving the exhaust. So I've got a 2.5" mandrel bent Pypes system ordered from Summit. And bought maybe the last pair in the country of D port ram air manifolds from The Parts Place this week.

Kent