Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to *67firebird*
Default i dont like to complain, but i wasnt too excited with the service

i ordered some custom Push rods From P DUDE in Friday march 28, i talked to the lady on the phone, and she automatically wanted to sell me the most expensive sets of rods

i responded kindly and said " wow thats a lot for sum p Rods" and then she says well we can go down to magnum....... which was less expensive.... wasn't too happy that she didn't ask is if wanted the "Super good ones" or "magnums", and she automatically assumed i wanted to empty out my account.

i dont know if im just being a B*&ch about it, cause like i said, i dont like to complain, but its mostly cause i have no complains from previous vendors.

anywho, thats not all. she told me it will take 3 days for them to be sent from COMP CAMS to them, then, another week for transit, but then i said ouch thats a long time for shipping. I ordered priority in hopes to get it by the next weekend. anyways, two weeks go by and i get the nerve to call, and she automatically knew who i was when i said, "i ordered sum P-rods that i should have received last week" and she responds, oh yes, we are sending them out today. so long story short it took about 3 weeks when it should have taken one. i dont know if COMP is a little slow now.... or if DUDES shop held back on shipping my parts. but i wasn't to impressed.

am i just being snotty cause im just used to the great service from other business or do i have somewhat of a point?

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 04-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have spoken to Danee' on the phone a few times and all were good experiences.The late parts could be just that the shop was busy.To me if they were just busy be honest and tell me:noidea:

Old 04-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Long post.

Wait a minute. She offered you choices on pushrods. She tells you honestly that we don't have them and what the companies actually do for shipping times.

?????????????

Depending on the valve train package you are limited on pushrods available. You did mention *custom* in your post so our first choice is High Tech. They are available in .050 increments. Then work down from there ............. if available.
We get close to Summit so i know our prices aren't OUT OF LINE. And make next to nothing because of the wholesale selling practices of mail order companies. I'm not Summit so we can't stock a million dollar inventory. We are direct to Comp so we sell Comp. Comps take a few days and if they are out we wait.

**** If you have an issue with a weeks time from one side of the country to the other......... you will have to take it up with UPS, DHL, FED, etc. Why are you hammering us for shipping? I don't have any control over their shipping times. My UPS driver of 30 years told us to figure a day a state........... to be safe. Forget the Post office. We have had stuff show up for customers a month later. Getting worse every month.
If you need stuff in 3 days or less we offer their overnight service. But you are gonna pay their price for it.

Yes we get backed up. and I don't have time to pick one person out and say........... were gonna hold his stuff just to F*&^@#@! with him. That makes no sense. Screw with you so you can badmouth us???????????????
Put the shoe on the other foot. Why would we intensionally do it to lose business?

So your complaint is...........

We didn't offer you choices?
we overcharged you?
You never got it?
It was wrong and we wouldn't exchange it?
It was broke?
It wasn't what you ordered?

Quote:
i responded kindly and said " wow thats a lot for sum p Rods" and then she says well we can go down to magnum....... which was less expensive.... wasn't too happy that she didn't ask is if wanted the "Super good ones" or "magnums", and she automatically assumed i wanted to empty out my account.
After your complaind about price of the pushrods offered posted above, I don't understand why you are complaining that she offered you a cheaper alternative????? I would have done the same. So would any retailer if they wanted to keep the sale. You complained about price, not the quality of what she offered you. She didn't give you any snotty answers as she is very very informative about parts and offers the customer the option. She has done this for 20 plus years. Even managed a Discount Auto Parts for 2 years till the work overload for the money she was making didn't make it. She has more time invested in this field then you are old.
She isn't working full time for the past 7 months as she is seeking a better alternative to income ( going back to school, good for her) as the small shop parts business is on it's way out with corporations bas*ter*dizing the industry with below wholesale pricing making it almost impossible for the LITTLE man to survive. That is why we offer experienced info on engines and combos and parts that hold up. We sell what we run and use.

Hope you find a shop that meets "all your needs" ???????

Signed Ken.
aka Pontiac Dude.

Race Hard & Have Fun.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've dealt with Ken and Danee' and they are both great folks..Trust them for anything Pontiac ..They will not steer you wrong..
Good Luck

Old 04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by *67firebird*

am i just being snotty
Yes

Quote:
cause im just used to the great service from other business or do i have somewhat of a point?
No

Just my opinion, sounds like a great business experience to me :confused:

Old 04-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

as far as shipping time she said, it will take about a week (after you received it from comp) so i said can i get priority? she says yea no problem, its doesnt cost anymore than ground...
how is that? are you overpricing on ground shipping? how does ground price equal the same amount as priority shippping?... and that is not a lie!

i did get the correct parts Thanks.

when i go to butler website and it says about $120 for custom rods, and then i call you guys and its like $150 im just overwhelmed on the price difference... the PDude website is not one of the most informative/descriptive website out there, but i deffinetly cannot ever find the parts i need on it. only when i e-mail you i get a great response.

so when i here that they are 150 im thinking in my head wow am i getting ripped off? and i slam the "those are a bit Pricy Line" and then offers the less expensive ones, which YES i was glad she mentioned and offered.

Maybe i took it the wrong way, and she was probably offering a better product the first go round, but In my lame ASS experience of 2 years, if that, with the muscle car business, i have been nothing but a victim to some thieves who love to rip me off and take advantage of young ignorant guys like me. ( no im not saying She was doing that)
but since i am learning more i know what to look for and im just very defensive about it whenever i feel like someone is trying to take advantage of my ignorance.

anyways, i got the product, and thanks. just thought i was being taken advantage of.

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One thing to consider, a shop like P-Dudes sells alot of custom length push rods.
Would'nt be supprised if more then stock "off the shelf" ones.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry you feel that way. But maybe you need to check on things before you post and slam someone on overpricing parts. Here ya go. Pontiac length 9.300 Hi tech pushrods.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...nresults=false

Maybe the $120.00 ones you looked at elsewhere are our $109.95 PONTIAC pushrods. [b] Listed as such on our " not the most informative" website. ;)

Interesting.

Like I said hope you find a Pontiac parts supplier that meets your needs.

Have a nice day. I'm done & back to work.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

first off, i've met and sat down and talked with Danee. Shes a good person and knows her stuff.

Women, in this hobby, aren't always respected just because they are female. I've heard Danee talk to customers and give out correct and intelligent advice. Im glad shes going back to college, she could run her own business.

Some guys can't take a woman telling them stuff.

rant on:

I've had fkin tard guys come over and tell me i have a 350 buick in my car and told me I am wrong.

if you guys had other guys talk poop to you the way myself and other women have had said to us, you'd a knocked um out!

rant off.

Darrah for President!!!

LOL

Last edited by Brandi Kay; 04-23-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

67, I have one thing that jumped out at me. First you say that you're use to great service that you get from other businesses. Then you say that you've been nothing but a victim?

This just sounds like poor communications, had you asked Danee she probably would have told you what Ken just posted.

I'm glad you got the correct parts, and yes delays always piss me off too. But IF it falls back on Comp then your complaint is with them.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

David,
i've never had problems with ordering from pontiac vendors before,

my problems have been with other private business in my local area like machine shops and a few "pontiac" guys i've dealt with that live here in so cal. so i am just extra cautious from those experiences. and i do my best to net get shafted again.

and ive never had problems with anyone on the forums. ive had nothing but good business transactions on py.
Oz

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind

Last edited by *67firebird*; 04-23-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i have had one experience with Pontiac Dudes shop and it was the about the best i have gotten anywhere, i bought a 4.50x3.25 forged crank and 2 buckets of block fill, shipping was extremely fair and really on the cheap side for coast to coast also only took one week, if they had it in stock you would have got int sooner what do you expect for custom parts??? other people were interested in this crank but i was first and he made sure i was, also took the time to give me some pointers on my combo and was overall a super guy to deal with, you will not find better people to deal with period!

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
as far as shipping time she said, it will take about a week (after you received it from comp) so i said can i get priority? she says yea no problem, its doesnt cost anymore than ground...
how is that? are you overpricing on ground shipping? how does ground price equal the same amount as priority shippping?... and that is not a lie! ....
UPS ships
ground
2nd day
next day.

USPS ships
Ground Packages (Parcel PostŪ, Media MailŪ & more...)
2-3 Day Packages (Priority MailŪ)
Overnight Guaranteed Packages (Express MailŪ)

UPS Ground & USPS Priority cost about the same, but I would use UPS any day over the USPS.

There is no try. - Yoda

1967 Firebird Restoration 2005 - 1/25/2017
Old 04-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm another "shop" that gets these kinds of questions and challenges fairly often. Ken offers good parts at reasonable prices. He can sell a set of Magnums for about 8% less than I can and still make a little. We're not in business to lose money, you know. A guy has a right to make a little on EVERY part he sells (or she, no slight intended).

As a customer, you also have the right to spend your money where you see fit. You're only getting ripped off if the agreed-upon price is not upheld. Even if his "asking" price was $200, and you agreed to it, you're NOT getting ripped off, no matter what someone else may sell the very same part for. If the price changes between the time you agree to it and you receive it, that's an entirely different story.

In today's automotive aftermarket, we (shops with a reputation for higher quality than "average", which Ken's DEFINITELY has) tend to sell the higher quality parts. We know many people are on a budget and try to get the best value. However, the best VALUE is not always the lower price. This IS the case with Comp Hi-Tech pushrods. For the dollar, Hi-Techs are the best available from any source.

Lastly, if you've had such good service from other "Pontiac vendors", why are you shipping pushrods all the way across the country when two of the more vocal Pontiac shops are right there in SoCal? (PPR & RRE) You could have driven to one of them and had the parts the same day. There comes a time when intelect must override emotion...

PAX

Jim

Old 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. P-Body
..... In today's automotive aftermarket, we (shops with a reputation for higher quality than "average", which Ken's DEFINITELY has) tend to sell the higher quality parts. We know many people are on a budget and try to get the best value. However, the best VALUE is not always the lower price. ......
To quote what somebody said, somewhere, some time ago, :confused:

"You buy quality once, you buy junk over and over."

There is no try. - Yoda

1967 Firebird Restoration 2005 - 1/25/2017
Old 04-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speargun
To quote what somebody said, somewhere, some time ago, :confused:

"You buy quality once, you buy junk over and over."

is it safe to say. Magnum pushrods are junk and i will have to buy them over and over again?

anyways.. PPR is a shop i've yet to do business with and according to many a people RRE is a REAL rip off and a "joke"

anyways i try to buy parts from all different pontiac shops. and the main reason i went with P dude this time (if u must know) was because i needed a timing tab too so i figured i might as well order p-rods while im at it and save on having to pay for shipping twice .....or even drive about an 1.5hrs west to ppr.

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've heard the guy from PPR is a straight shooter and runs a good business. It certainly makes more sense from a shipping standpoint to do business with someone who's not on the other side of the country.

Having said that, you will be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum that will agree with any negative comments with regard to P-Dude (aka Ken Keefer) or his business. He's done more for this hobby than you probably realize.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"He's done more for this hobby than you probably realize."

What kinda statement is that? i know hes done a lot for this hobby, ive been on his web site which explicitly says:
9.303@144 in his 1976 Trans Am Stock Suspension Street Car.
8.5-1 compression. Factory block, Crank & Heads: on 93 Octane Pump gas.

Something I will probably never reach, but who knows .....

ive seen and read a lot of things hes posted here and i know he has a great reputation among the pontiac family. that is exactly why i was dumbfounded when i had second thoughts.

I am certainly not looking for the "i dont like p-dude" people to support me, this is just how i interpreted it.

Performer RPM-850DP
Auburn- 3.55 gear
CC HR custom grind
Old 04-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Suspended

Seriously, you are over reacting, like I said before, it looks like a great experience. Lighten up, take a breath, not everyone is out to get you.

Do you realize making this statement about a well repsected vendor could be detrimental to their business, their livelihood?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No, Magnum pushrods are NOT "junk". They're actually pretty good. They are, however, not the "premium" pushrod the Hi-Techs are.

Why can't someone take a comment in context instead of taking it to an extreme? There really IS a "gray area".

And Ken's engines go beyond Pontiacs. His experience is well-rounded. This is one of the reasons his Pontiacs run so well, and outperform some of the Pontiac-exclusive shops. He has the ability to think "outside the box". We (CVMS) can relate...(:-

Jim

Closed Thread