Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 09-16-2023, 08:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
Right here, I change it out every six months. No worries about freezing temps here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67GTONUT View Post
Pretty close to it...... and I live in the NE.
I run a very light concentration of Zerex G-05, get freezing point low enough to be comfortable. Car is in garage that never drops below 40 degrees
Yep. Not to be an antagonist, but I'm just reminded that we can all go a long way into the rabbit hole, but at the end of the day, use what works.

I'm somewhere in between all of these ideas. I run pure distilled in some, a little green coolant in others, and a proper 50/50 in still others. Mainly due to what I have on hand on a given day. I've come to find in daily use, I find little if any difference.

Case in point... This morning I drove my 74 Bonne 45 miles to work, pure distilled H2O, and ran right on the thermostat. I'm hard pressed to get wrapped around the axle for any one position.

Your mileage may vary of course.

'74 Bonneville 4dr Sedan (455/TH400/2.93 open)
'72 LeMans GT (455/M-13/3.23 [8.5"] posi)
'71 GTO Hardtop (400/TH400/3.07 12 bolt posi)
‘71 GTO Convertible (455HO/TH400/3.23 posi)
'67 GTO Coupe (455/ST-10/2.93 posi)
'67 Tempest Wagon (428/TH400/2.56 posi)

Deuteronomy 8:3