Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-16-2001, 03:20 AM

John has agreed to refund $170 of my money spent on used Milodon gear drive which is the exact amount I sent him for it and shipping and handling. I will have to pay return shipping, but considering the condition it is in I will have to cut my losses with that and the long distance phone call that it took to his home to convince him of it. At least he is trying to do right (although somewhat after the fact). If I recieve the money as he said he would do I will also post that. I still won't buy from him again because of the bad taste of business with him. Thanks everyone for your assistance in this matter.

Old 11-16-2001, 03:20 AM

John has agreed to refund $170 of my money spent on used Milodon gear drive which is the exact amount I sent him for it and shipping and handling. I will have to pay return shipping, but considering the condition it is in I will have to cut my losses with that and the long distance phone call that it took to his home to convince him of it. At least he is trying to do right (although somewhat after the fact). If I recieve the money as he said he would do I will also post that. I still won't buy from him again because of the bad taste of business with him. Thanks everyone for your assistance in this matter.

Old 11-16-2001, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you money is in the mail little buddy..even sent you a little extra money to help you with the phone bill,and your kids collage fund

[This message has been edited by GTOKID (edited 11-16-2001).]

Old 11-17-2001, 12:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

3 "Thumbs-up" to you John!
Later, Guy

Old 11-17-2001, 02:41 AM

John, since your being so generous. How about my money?

Old 11-18-2001, 12:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

sure why not

[This message has been edited by GTOKID (edited 11-18-2001).]

Old 11-18-2001, 12:47 AM

John,I didn't bash you.If you read what I posted I feel I have been professional and fair.

Old 11-18-2001, 01:17 AM

How about this.Take the constructive criticism from a customer.As far as the money, keep it I'm not hurting any.I just thought you were making amends.I feel I've had my say over this issue.So unless asked or provoked it's over and done with.

Old 11-19-2001, 03:50 AM

I hope the money is in the mail John because the gear drive is. That is what we agreed to on the phone and I would be rather upset if things didn't work out and I had to make a trip to DE. All I'm trying to do is return an item that was not usable. Let me give an example. Jeg's sent me a set of Hooker headers for a chevy truck. When I opened the box one header was for a Chevy truck the other was for a Ford Fairlane. When I called them to complain they sent out the proper part immediately and then sent a UPS order for pick up of the part that was recieved incorrectly. That is how professionals treat their customers and how they keep them. Not by telling them to send it back thus paying shipping both ways. I realize that you have to make proffit, but $20 to ship was twice what it cost you. I didn't complain because I wanted the part you advertised. When I recieved the part it was not as advertised.

[This message has been edited by matt66gto (edited 11-19-2001).]

Old 11-19-2001, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Matt, It costs alot of money to offer to send a call tag to pick-up merchandise & if you dont leave the product for ups when they show up guess what whoever sent the call tag has to pay for it anyways. I dont think anyone selling used parts is going to offer this service & i'm actualy surprised he would even take this part back being that it was a used product.I just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. I hope everything works out for the both of you.

Old 11-20-2001, 08:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I just bought a Holley Street Dominator intake from John, (GTOKid). It arrived very quickly and was as good or better than he said it would be. I'm very happy with all of my dealings with GTOKid.

No, I've never met him or know him in any way other than buying parts from him. But I WILL do business with him again!

David Holmberg

Old 11-21-2001, 05:44 AM

My point exactly. It was not sold as "used". The add said installed but never run. I was also interested in the intake, and considered buying it, but was short of money at the time and I knew $125 + $20 shipping was a little high. Usually go for around $100 at swap meet. It was my first dealing with GTO kid and if Don hadn't already sent it back I probably would have believed him when he said he didn't know it was damaged.The fact that someone had already told him and he resold it anyway without letting me know there may be problems with it is what upset me. At any rate I have not recieved the refund of my money we agreed on at this time. Maybe he will do right and send it as he promised. I will then ask the administrator to remove all my posts that reference this. and hope there are no hard feelings.

Old 11-26-2001, 12:26 AM

John did send me the money back. A check for $148, About $25 dollars in change, some expired coupons, a matchbox car, a keychain, and a shotglass(can't figure that one out). All this came in a box UPS that weighed 2.5 lbs. Seems as though he could have just mailed the check, but whatever. Anyway I got my money back. Oh yea, he sent a Christmas card too. He's so funny I just couldn't stop laughing while I was rolling the pennies.

Old 11-26-2001, 03:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

You have to love the KID!

Almost as good as the time Rusty Wallace paid his NASCAR fine in pennies...