Old 11-09-2014, 06:46 PM

More pictures. Once again I want to say that I am not a body man. This is my first restoration, and my first quarter panel replacement. I am lucky to have an experienced GTO restorer as a friend who is guiding me along the way, but he can't be in my garage all the time so I am doing my best. Hopefully these photos help other people like me in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0445.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	381472   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0447.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	381473   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0448.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	381474   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0450.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	381475   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0455.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	381476  

Old 11-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like it is coming along ok.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:49 AM

Drivers quarter is 90% complete. Just need to weld the bracket in the quarter window area and where the quarter meets the top of the rocker, and grind everything down. Finished cutting out the rest of my passengers quarter over the weekend and part of my outer wheel house came with it.... So now I'm shopping for one of those... In the meantime I mocked up the new quarter just for fun and it looks like it will need more tweaking than the drivers side. Might have to mess around with the filler panel. Luckily it's just screwed in place for now. Once I get a new wheelhouse and get to work I will get back to you guys.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:27 PM

Ok, sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Grad school and family issues have put my project on the back burner for a bit. And I hit a snag. As I mentioned when I removed the passengers quarter part of the outer wheelhouse came with it. I have my new outer wheelhouse but I cannot find a good resource that shows how to remove the old wheelhouse. Since it is connected to some structurally important parts underneath the quarter I don't just wanna start chopping on it. Has anyone done this replacement or know of a link that shows how to do it, where to make the cuts/welds etc? I really need help on this before I can move further. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion88 View Post
Ok, sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Grad school and family issues have put my project on the back burner for a bit. And I hit a snag. As I mentioned when I removed the passengers quarter part of the outer wheelhouse came with it. I have my new outer wheelhouse but I cannot find a good resource that shows how to remove the old wheelhouse. Since it is connected to some structurally important parts underneath the quarter I don't just wanna start chopping on it. Has anyone done this replacement or know of a link that shows how to do it, where to make the cuts/welds etc? I really need help on this before I can move further. Thanks in advance.
Look for any spot welds and drill them out to separate the panels.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:08 AM

I was told not to remove the entire wheelhouse by a friend of mine who restores GTOs for a living. Problem is he has been too busy to come down and show me exactly what he means. But he told me cutting out all the spot welds and removing the entire wheelhouse was not the best way to approach it.