Old 01-16-2000, 09:20 PM

I AM RESTORING A 70 GTO WITH THE DARK BROWN INTERIOR, AND HAVE SEARCHING FOR OVER ONE YEAR FOR A NICE BROWN DASH .... NO LUCK.
I DO HAVE A MINT BLACK ONE BUT AM RELUCTANT TO DYE IT. i HAVE SEEN DASH COVERS FROM COVERLAY AND DASHTOP, ANY ONE SEEN ONE ?
HOW DOES IT LOOK ? ANY OPINIONS WELCOME.

Old 01-16-2000, 09:20 PM

I AM RESTORING A 70 GTO WITH THE DARK BROWN INTERIOR, AND HAVE SEARCHING FOR OVER ONE YEAR FOR A NICE BROWN DASH .... NO LUCK.
I DO HAVE A MINT BLACK ONE BUT AM RELUCTANT TO DYE IT. i HAVE SEEN DASH COVERS FROM COVERLAY AND DASHTOP, ANY ONE SEEN ONE ?
HOW DOES IT LOOK ? ANY OPINIONS WELCOME.

Old 01-17-2000, 12:19 AM

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 07-18-2000).]

Old 02-11-2000, 12:57 AM

I've got a plastic dash SHELL (not the whole dash, just a piece that fits over it). My interior had a black dash, so I didn't have to worry about dying like you're going to have to do. I've been very happy with mine, still looks great after 3 years.

Old 02-11-2000, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I used a dash cover in my 70 once, the only problem is when it gets real hot it may tend to warp a little, when it cooled down it went back to normal, if you are planning to use a good dash to put the cover on, keep in mind that you must "glue" the cover on, which may hurt your original, if ever removed. I have dyed many a dash before, and they still look great after years of use, it looks great(if done properly) , and if you want you still can stip the dye off later!!