Old 03-01-2000, 12:12 AM

All sheet metal is on the car and lined up perfectly. The rubber nose is driving me nuts! Is there a "gasket" or filler between the rubber nose and the fenders. I have a perfect 1/4" gap at the hood to nose, but I think the fenders to nose should be flush.
Should the rubber fit right against the fenders or is there something that goes between to two? Please respond.

Old 03-01-2000, 12:12 AM

All sheet metal is on the car and lined up perfectly. The rubber nose is driving me nuts! Is there a "gasket" or filler between the rubber nose and the fenders. I have a perfect 1/4" gap at the hood to nose, but I think the fenders to nose should be flush.
Should the rubber fit right against the fenders or is there something that goes between to two? Please respond.

Old 03-01-2000, 05:36 PM

From your post it is unclear what trouble you are having. You say that your nose to hood gap is perfect, but you don't say if your fender to nose gap is a problem.
Anyway, In all my reading I have never noticed any drawing or description of anything between the fenders and the nose.

The nose can be moved fore and aft quite a bit by moving the front supports back or forward. The hood can then be repositioned on the hinges to give you the right gap. The hood should come last though.

Besides wondering about a gasket between the two, are you having trouble getting the nose and fenders to line up?

Good luck,
Jeff

------------------

Old 03-01-2000, 10:29 PM

Nothing goes between the nose and the fenders. The nose should touch the leading edge of the fenders. Alighning endurs is like black magic and voo-doo. Can definately be frustrating. Sometimes, you have to enlarge/enlongate the bumper bracket mounting holes to get everything lined up again.

Old 03-09-2000, 11:54 PM

You might want to try this to get the nose
to line up. loosen the nose. Put the car
up on blocks, jacks, whatever, but do this
on the frame. This will unload the weight
on the front of the car. Snug up the nose.
SNUG not tight. When you set the car down
the slight movement in the chasis will
tighten the nose correctly.