Old 11-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You just can't fool Kenth on anything. I was secretly testing you guys by reversing the 601 / 602 option codes.
No okay, I got rushed and brainfarted on that one.

On the 1970 Car Building Order for Pontiac Mich plant (buildsheet) it lists:

601 - Police speedometer ?
602 - Roof (harness) or something / performance dual exhaust
604 - HD seats

That's why I asked if it was the sheet you referenced from.

This is a Pontiac Mich. "P" plant buildsheet found in a Lucerne Blue RamIV Judge. It is a very readable document so I use it for reference purposes a lot. You can download it and enlarge it several times without it distorting beyond comprehension. Other than the line workers notations, noticed nothing on this buildsheet that determines the Judge option.

I'll post some other 70 "P" plant buildsheets next. And then an "R" Arlington plant, last.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70 build sheet IV.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	112187  

Old 11-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is a Pontiac Mich. plant buildsheet (Car Building Order) from a 70 Ram3 Judge that Ransom owned many moons ago. The infamous stripe delete Judge. We know it was a Judge. But other than the Memo Notation to build stripes delete, I don't think it specifies Judge option on buildsheet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	70 Judge stripe delete.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	112188  

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 11-21-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is a 70 Vert 455 R/A Pontiac Mich. P plant buildsheet (Car Building Order). This one belongs to MrGoats. We know it's not a Judge. Just showing similarities of buildsheets.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	70 455 Vert2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	112189  

Old 11-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now this is an Arlington (R) plant buildsheet. 70 Judge Ram3 with Special Order Paint. I don't recall whose Judge this is or what color it was.

Those Pontiac Mich. (P) plant buildsheets seem to be the oddballs.

The ones like these from Arlington (Baltimore-Fremont-maybe others) spell it all out easier. The ones like this, would spell out WT7 option below the WT1 option. They "might" also list 604 in the 60 box. We will have to wait to see that.

Are you guys Sure that 604 = WT7 in 1970 ? Like the way 332 = WT1.

A White (10) Judge from Baltimore would have WT7 listed if it were one with RYB stripes and black wing/chin spoilers. If any were built there, said not to be any.

I had to downsize this pix so much it might not be clear on here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	70 Judge Special Paint BS.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	112196  

Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That Arlington buildsheet doesn't show up good on here. This 70 Ram4 GTO from Baltimore is the only one I have that doesn't need to be downsized to post. Baltimore is same type form as Arlington, this isn't a Judge - but using it to show where WT1 or WT7 would fall in line if it were so equipped. Lets see if it posts good enough to read.

It was built with 422 Vinyl Stripes (69 Judge swords). Interesting that the 422 option is called D96 Paint Stripe, and not listed as Vinyl Stripes, but called for in the "60" box as per Memo.

This is a truely unique exported GTO. There are pictures of it being delivered and the 69 Swords in place. I don't recall how the stripes are addressed on its PHS document, I probably don't have a PHS Dealer Invoice for it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	70 gto build.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	112198  

Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Can anyone with Canadian built Oshawa 70 Judge, or 70 Judge sold in Canada post up some examples of that documentation ? please ?

If they list items like N98 RallyII/ T42 Air Inlet Hood/ and D80 rear foil on their report, then I think they will pick up the WT7. I'm hoping for the best.

CDN2+2 do you have the full PHS and/or GM Canada data for those 2 71z ? What language do they use about it ?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wonder why the 71 Judges that Pontiac built and sent across the border to Canada would list the WT7 option?

My 71 GT-37 was like that and the PHS looks a little different but similar and came from Jim M.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin
You just can't fool Kenth on anything. I was secretly testing you guys by reversing the 601 / 602 option codes.
No okay, I got rushed and brainfarted on that one.

On the 1970 Car Building Order for Pontiac Mich plant (buildsheet) it lists:

601 - Police speedometer ?
602 - Roof (harness) or something / performance dual exhaust
604 - HD seats

That's why I asked if it was the sheet you referenced from.

This is a Pontiac Mich. "P" plant buildsheet found in a Lucerne Blue RamIV Judge. It is a very readable document so I use it for reference purposes a lot. You can download it and enlarge it several times without it distorting beyond comprehension. Other than the line workers notations, noticed nothing on this buildsheet that determines the Judge option.

I'll post some other 70 "P" plant buildsheets next. And then an "R" Arlington plant, last.
Baron, That is an odd build sheet. You can see the 10 10 and the CC at the bottom of the sheet under the chicken scratch and then the EE (Atoll blue) code where it belongs at the top. I wonder if the intial order on this Judge was changed from Polar white to Atoll blue?

Old 11-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff,
I thought it said DO 10 10 (as in the date, Oct. 10).

Old 11-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You may be right Mike. It is hard to see.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought it said FF Lucy, instead of EE Atoll.

If I lean my screen forward it looks like FF, mid-position FF, lean it back and it could be EE .... idunno.

Don't remember whose Judge that one was.

It's just odd that there is an overlap in option codes for GTO / Police options.
601 was T42/Ram Air on these cars, not a special speedo.
Strange the police package options language took presidence over GTO options language on the sheets.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin
I thought it said FF Lucy, instead of EE Atoll.

If I lean my screen forward it looks like FF, mid-position FF, lean it back and it could be EE .... idunno.

Don't remember whose Judge that one was.

It's just odd that there is an overlap in option codes for GTO / Police options.
601 was T42/Ram Air on these cars, not a special speedo.
Strange the police package options language took presidence over GTO options language on the sheets.

That did freak me out for a moment as well. I thought that I had seen the only lucy blue 70 Judge to exist!

Old 11-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LoL .... oops.
That woulda been neat. It might be FF

================================

If anyone has a 70 P plant buildsheet for their White Judge, they should check their "60" boxes. Anything other than 1 in that box would be a special surprise.

605 / 60-5 would mean #601 Ram Air, plus #604 WT7 = 605.

That is why I asked Kenth about his source. Between the 2 sources we can see how the protocol applies to the oddball P plant buildsheets. It wouldnt mean Police Speedo, Roof Harness or HD Seats on a GTO in what I understand so far.

602 supposedly was not a compliant order with Ram Air engines. And it would be billed on PHS Dealer Invoice in any regard anyhow. But if an owner of such non-RamAir GTO had a P plant buildsheet it would show a 2 in box 60 (602).

==================================

All of a sudden we don't have any 1970 Canadian Judge owners here anymore ? lol

I'm going to start a new thread for that info and maybe someone will see it.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Doesn't the '2' on the Pontiac sheet also say Performance Dual Exhaust? (along with Roof Harness)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Got a couple responses on the break down of codes:

FYI 70 Oshawa WT1 sold new in USA and doc'd with PHS does NOT show N98, T42 etc. 70 WT1 made in Pontiac or Oshawa and sold new in Canada and doc'd with GM Canada shows all relevant UPCs such as N98, T42 etc. I have owned both types of cars.
================================================== =======

And in another reply, Doc said in his experience they do show the N98, T42 and etc...
================================================== =======

It may be a matter of whether you are able to obtain your documentation through GM Canada or not. I don't think one done through PHS/USA will break it down that far.

Fuggit - just have to wait and see.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Does anyone have an dealer order form from 71 to see how one would check the WT7 option?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273
Does anyone have an dealer order form from 71 to see how one would check the WT7 option?
Mike - The only dealer order book I have is for '72 models.

However, Eric White's GTO/GT-37 book lists sales code #604, UPC #WT7 as "black rear decklid airfoil, available (at no additonal charge) on Cameo White WT1 cars only. No such option is listed for a 1970 Judge in Eric's book.

Interestingly for 1970, sales code 602 = W73 (V.O.E.).
For 1971, sales code 602 = T41 (Endura Styling Option).

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 01-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have searched extensively on the site, but came up empty, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.
I have an additional 1970 rear spoiler and want to paint it the WT7 black color. Does anyone know what particular paint / process and % of gloss, which I have heard is 60% to complete an exact color duplicate?

thanks

Old 01-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
My 71 Judge doesn't have a build sheet, and will probably never be documented as a WT-7 car. But, another kicker is it should have another PHS from Pontiac as a brass hat car too, and I can't even get that information.
Mike,

Just noticed this - get in touch with Jim, I originally only had the one for my 71 convertible, but once I asked him if there were others, he did the research and sent me the second....I don't even think he charged me for it.

I've got his e-mail if you need it.

Chris

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Chris, Send it to me if you could. Thanks