THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-06-2021, 04:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Finally getting my title!

I submitted my application over 6 months ago to the Oregon DMV. Due to Covid, access to the local offices was shut down completely or highly restricted. That, combined with the fact that they required an in person VIN inspection led to delays. So, today, finally I spoke with them and they are issuing my title. It's being mailed out tomorrow.

Here's the interesting thing. I wanted a personalized tag which was the obvious, "70 TA". When I initially got the car that tag was not available. However, now it is. So while the delay was frustrating, it allowed me to get the tag I wanted. I guess someone else in OR sold their 70 TA or just didn't renew it. Maybe it's sitting in a yard somewhere with a tree growing up through it. Maybe Dennis will find it one day and we'll all see it on Youtube.

Anyway, I'll be so happy to get rid of the expired, ugly temporary tag I have in my back window.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share

Last edited by jhein; 12-06-2021 at 04:31 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jhein For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2021, 05:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congrats on finally getting both items that you wanted!

Old 12-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
I submitted my application over 6 months ago to the Oregon DMV. Due to Covid, access to the local offices was shut down completely or highly restricted. That, combined with the fact that they required an in person VIN inspection led to delays. So, today, finally I spoke with them and they are issuing my title. It's being mailed out tomorrow.

Here's the interesting thing. I wanted a personalized tag which was the obvious, "70 TA". When I initially got the car that tag was not available. However, now it is. So while the delay was frustrating, it allowed me to get the tag I wanted. I guess someone else in OR sold their 70 TA or just didn't renew it. Maybe it's sitting in a yard somewhere with a tree growing up through it. Maybe Dennis will find it one day and we'll all see it on Youtube.

Anyway, I'll be so happy to get rid of the expired, ugly temporary tag I have in my back window.
That is a very cool custom plate. You lucked out on that one!

Going through the California DMV I received the title for my TA within a few weeks. I've been trying to order a custom plate for about 3 months now and the website doesn't function properly. I ended up printing the form and sending it in with the $50 check for the plate. They still haven't cashed the check and I think its been close to two months now. It's very frustrating. The DMV website says custom plates will be delayed 6-9 months

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to R 70 Judge For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2021, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
That is a very cool custom plate. You lucked out on that one!

Going through the California DMV I received the title for my TA within a few weeks. I've been trying to order a custom plate for about 3 months now and the website doesn't function properly. I ended up printing the form and sending it in with the $50 check for the plate. They still haven't cashed the check and I think its been close to two months now. It's very frustrating. The DMV website says custom plates will be delayed 6-9 months
I ordered mine 4 or 5 years ago. Took them 6 months to cash the check, 11 months to send me the plates. Of course, the registration was dated as of when they cashed the check…

Old 12-07-2021, 10:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, just to be complete, they said they were mailing out the title today with a temporary tag. They could not give me any kind of ETA for the custom plate. So, it ain't over yet...

Old 12-08-2021, 02:10 AM

70TA was already taken in FL

Our personalize plates are limited to 7 characters, but the new automated system uses 8 boxes, so if you have an odd numbered amount of characters, you can't center it on the plate

I came up with a bunch of choices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yGKyltRUiM

but had to get a little creative to make this one work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 98 SNAKE EATER For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2021, 03:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post

That's a great custom tag

Old 12-08-2021, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't believe they gave you a temp tag without a title

Old 12-08-2021, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am glad to hear you finally got the title! I finally have an appointment to get the title on my 67 transferred to my name. The car was delivered almost a month ago, but it took the USPS almost 2 weeks longer to deliver the title to me, even though the seller sent it out Registered mail 3 days before I contracted to have the car shipped from MA to MI. It only took a few days to get an appointment with our Secretary of State. So hopefully I can get it done today.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camerjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2021, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad its working out. I got a car last winter through an estate. I took the old title and the paper work from the attorney to the local dmv agent. Paid the fee 2 weeks later I had the title with my name on it in my mailbox. Easy peasy, the other car I got has no title and I need to petition the court. That one NOT so easy peasy!!

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2021, 12:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
Can't believe they gave you a temp tag without a title
Technically speaking it wasn't a true temp tag. They call it a "Trip Pass". I don't know if they've always had that or if it just came about because of Covid. It was only valid for 3 weeks. They were so backed up that the state suspended enforcement of expired or missing tags during the pandemic. Still suspended as far as I know. I left the expired Trip Pass in the rear window just to show that I had something. I put 1100 miles on it this summer. Lots of local police, sheriff deputies and state police saw the car and nobody ever bothered me.

The Following User Says Thank You to jhein For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2021, 12:19 PM
Senior Chief

Has taken me up to two years before to get a clean title, particularly an out of state estate title (even an Italian title was easier). Is why I attach a value of $300 to a clean Florida title.