THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Packers totally melted down in the 4th.

Cant believe how lucky the Seahawks got with the muffed onside kick catch and then Wilson just throwing it up to avoid the sack on the 2 point conversion.

Now 2 teams that I dont like are in the Super Bowl...

I think the Patriots take it

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 01-19-2015, 02:16 PM

I hate the seahawks with a passion

Old 01-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

.and not going after Sherman after his injury. Horrible...

I would of had every play going that way! All kinds of screen plays, runs, short passes to make him tackle.
GB had the worst 4th Q of any playoff team. Of all time!!

That 4th and goal was the play to coffin the hawks, if they had the balls.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That was just sad. It reminded me also of the Browns many Championship shortcomings.
I'd much rather the Seahawks just ground the Pack down from the start of the game than having an off day for 55 minutes only to come to life and nullify a sure win.

I got nothing against them outside of playing my favorite team(s). I'll be rooting for them heavy in the Super Bowl.

P.S. It was inspiring to see the Packer player joining the Seahawks prayer huddle after the game.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Here's my question though..Why did the Packer's Burdette take a knee on that last interception? The announcer said he 'wisely' downed the ball. Looks like he could have easily advanced the ball 10 or 15 yards?
I don't get it?
I was also puzzled at that. When they showed the replay, and he just got up after no one touched him... I thought the 'slide' rule was only for quarterbacks to avoid injury. And not being in the endzone he couldn't just voluntarily down himself.

I disagree about the two 4th & goal field goals costing them the game though.
That should not have mattered. The Packers had them dead to rights even when it was 19-7.
The key was the botched on-side kick recovery. Also, they really should have killed that 2-point conversion. All the defender had to do was play the ball and bat it down.
{edit} You can bet Sherman would have done the right thing.

Last edited by Lightfoot; 01-19-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:07 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
I was also puzzled at that. When they showed the replay, and he just got up after no one touched him... I thought the 'slide' rule was only for quarterbacks to avoid injury. And not being in the endzone he couldn't just voluntarily down himself.

I disagree about the two 4th & goal field goals costing them the game though.
That should not have mattered. The Packers had them dead to rights even when it was 19-7.
The key was the botched on-side kick recovery. Also, they really should have killed that 2-point conversion. All the defender had to do was play the ball and bat it down.
{edit} You can bet Sherman would have done the right thing.
At the time I thought it was the right thing to do. Why take a chance of fumbling the ball back to the Seahawks. I didn't pay attention to the replay but I thought he would have to be touched to be considered down. It was a horribly played game by both teams and a poorly coached game by the Packers.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainofiron View Post
Cant believe how lucky the Seahawks got with the muffed onside kick catch and then Wilson just throwing it up to avoid the sack on the 2 point conversion.
The sack would have resulted in the same thing as an incomplete pass. You don't get a second try at a 2 point conversion. He had to throw the ball to have any chance at all.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
His teammate - Julius Pepper's told him to go down. Pepper's is a future HOF'er, so Burnett followed one of his team's leaders instructions.

Who knew that McCarthy and Rogers would decide to curl up in the fetal position with 5 minutes to play?

Old 01-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Has McCarthy been fired yet?

Old 01-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Once again....does anyone understand why it was 'wise' for GB to down the ball after the interception with nearly 5 minutes to play and plenty of running room?

Old 01-19-2015, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Greg - how many times have you seen a defensive player fumble after an interception or a fumble recovery?

He gave his offense the ball in Seahawk territory. He did his job. Mike McCarthy, Aaron Rogers and Eddie Lacy failed to do their jobs.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I certainly am not implying that the loss was his, or any one person's fault...they had plenty of other opportunities to put the game away.
The possiblility of a fumble is real but I thought he could have easily got them into good field goal range without being in danger of a fumble. Instead, they came away with nothing. At least, in real time I got that impression. If I were to watch a replay, I might see something different.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:05 AM
Senior Chief

Like Strahan said "you gotta play to win, not play not to lose." Typical Green Bay fashion of not finishing. After the Burnett interception they needed a first down or two and game over.
They should have went after Sherman, make him use his arm to tackle, he might even been a little slower not being able to use his arm to pump. I would have at least tested it to see what he could do.
It took till about 8 O clock for my blood pressure to come back to normal. I think I lost about 5 lbs sweating during the game.
Bostick was supposed to block and let Jordy get the ball. Bad decision.
Im not a believer of things "meant to be" but, but it must have been for Seattle, for so much to go wrong in a short amount of time. I could understand one play to go bad but that was ridiculous.
During the second game halftime they showed the Seattle players all saying how everybody doubted them. When they came back to the commentators one of them(cant remember which one) said "who doubted them, they were picked to win"

Im a huge Packer fan, I grew outside of Green Bay and it was just heart wrenching to watch.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
The sack would have resulted in the same thing as an incomplete pass. You don't get a second try at a 2 point conversion. He had to throw the ball to have any chance at all.
Im not saying he shouldnt have, just that he was super lucky to get a completion after tossing it up

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires
Old 01-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Once again....does anyone understand why it was 'wise' for GB to down the ball after the interception with nearly 5 minutes to play and plenty of running room?
With 5 minutes to play he should have run the ball until he was tackled. That's too much time.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Dont be Haters, Boys. Seattle played (two) minutes of ball perfect.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Even if Bostic went for the ball. He's a frickin' tight end. His job is to catch balls. It was the same as a lob. It was fluttering down and he could not catch it. During the fake field goal, did't anyone see Hawk let the lineman/tight end clear the line and run into the end zone where Ryan popped a short lob again???? There was so many dumb moves and coverages. Packers throughout the year have let people get majorly open. It was a pathetic forth quarter ending. Just pathetic. The offense struggled but fought hard enough to win. The defense lost their focus at the end and the special teams just pain suck.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Plenty of things went wrong, if any one goes different then it is a whole different outcome, regardless of what you think about the (terrible) coaching calls. The obvious of course being the muffed onside kick. How about the dropped 3rd down pass by Quarless? What the hell happened to ha-ha? 2 pics then suddenly one bounces off his hands, and on the 2 pt conversion he gets caught flat footed while a ball floats in the air for about as long as a punt? He had all the time in the world to bat that thing down.

Tramon Williams is a free agent after this season. Please, please let him go.

I am still in disbelief. With my close proximity to WA state there are endless seattle fans around here (lots more now!) so seeing & hearing about them gets a bit tiresome. (been a GB fan my whole football life.)

How is a woman married 10 years different than the Seahawks? The married woman stopped sucking a decade ago and still has the same number of fans.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.