THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lot’s of great arm chair quarterbacks on here. They will tell you exactly how they would have done it different, or are quick to critique your failures. The funny thing is they seldom show anything they are actually doing or working on, but talk about their past successes just like an old warrior. Most of them should put up or shut up if they can’t constructively contribute to helping a PY member achieve success. If you aren't on here to positively contribute to a members success, go watch CNN and knit a fuc_king toilet rug while doing so.

David - Sorry this has been such a trail of tears for you. See if you can find a restorable door or shop that is more motivated. I know on my 72 Formula the repop door skins sucked. Once I bit the the bullet for a good original door the problems were much more easily resolved.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Suspended

I have been called out by better. Call outs usually prove nothing because I know what I have, what I have had, what I have done and who I know. Therefore I usually get the last laugh. But seeing you insist I have nothing, did nothing and know nothing.... here you go. One of the cars I customed. Carry on.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Back at you Chief. I’ve been called out by people I actually give a sh_t about and respect and you don’t fit in either camp. I don’t care what you say you have done or what you say you have. You talk the talk, now walk the walk. Show us what you have, what you are currently working on, and more importantly try to be a positive a contributor and helpful to those who don’t have your vast experience.

You come across as an armchair quarterback. You showed up here out of the blue, you have shared no details about your background or what projects if any you are working on, yet you have no compunction about talking down to and demeaning people who are trying to learn and achieve success on their project.

I’m sure you have much more knowledge, skills and experience than I do., however, your attitude sucks and isn’t productive. If you can’t change and be productive, you should move on, and find another forum that needs an assh_le. This one doesn’t.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:03 PM
Suspended

Perhaps I should join GTOAA. Then I would fit the mainstream and be accepted. Sorry, that is not what I am about. I am also not going to prove myself to someone that really does not care because I do not fit their criteria. I can and have helped those that can be helped and I have done that in more ways than one. But then, there are those that no matter how much more I know than them, they will always "act" better than me. I am not here to fit someone's "camp". That is why I am not part of the GTOAA. I am sure that in itself bothers many. As far as my attitude.... If giving what you get is an "attitude", then I guess I am guilty as charged.

Now, if someone would like to talk intelligently about Pontiacs, I am a willing participant. But, if you want to talk foolishness and condescending, knock yourself out. Sorry, I don't play golf either.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
MUSCLAH, it's that guy that replied right above you. It's a comfort to me that we have someone that's that knowledgeable amongst this group. So willing to share, even when he's not been asked, his view of things. Having read his replies to this thread and others, I just have to say it must be tough being around the rank and file.
Dave ...sorry for posting this up....to see how your car was coming along.....didn’t think it would turn into a ***** show.....

Old 03-30-2018, 03:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentwheelbob View Post
Back at you Chief. I’ve been called out by people I actually give a sh_t about and respect and you don’t fit in either camp. I don’t care what you say you have done or what you say you have. You talk the talk, now walk the walk. Show us what you have, what you are currently working on, and more importantly try to be a positive a contributor and helpful to those who don’t have your vast experience.

You come across as an armchair quarterback. You showed up here out of the blue, you have shared no details about your background or what projects if any you are working on, yet you have no compunction about talking down to and demeaning people who are trying to learn and achieve success on their project.

I’m sure you have much more knowledge, skills and experience than I do., however, your attitude sucks and isn’t productive. If you can’t change and be productive, you should move on, and find another forum that needs an assh_le. This one doesn’t.
my, my, my......

Old 03-30-2018, 07:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
Now, if someone would like to talk intelligently about Pontiacs, I am a willing participant. But, if you want to talk foolishness and condescending, knock yourself out. Sorry, I don't play golf either.
So who's been holding you back up to this point and what's to be gained by crapping all over David in this thread? You claim to be on the higher ground but thus far I haven't seen it.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-30-2018, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear how long it is taking to getting your car finished. I too have been waiting for a few years to get my place in line. Got tired of being ignored, can get that at home for free. I started calling and emailing several reputable shops in my city. It took a month of sending requests leaving messages and I finally heard back from 2 shops. I dropped my Judge off 2 weeks ago to get some minor rust issues taken care of and an Orbit Orange repaint. I went there yesterday to drop off the decals I had ordered from this site (thank you) and the paint guy was cutting the clear. The decals go on Wednesday (next week) and I can pick the car up Thursday....20 days only. The young lad that worked on the car was exited to do an old school car instead of the normal daily driver wrecks.
The owner of the shop and I spent time discussing what I wanted, how issues that came up after work started would be handled and he and the young lad spent an hour going over the car at their shop prior to him agreeing to do the work. I am super happy with the work done. He removed the endura, rear bumper all the chrome, such as door handles etc, removed the wing, did the inside of the door jams , trunk lid , front fenders etc. He polished the bright work and I had the windshield replaced while it was there. total cost 10K Cdn which is about 40 bucks for you guys. He dis have to put patches in the rear quarters and the inners on both sides....They rotted where body work had been done back in the day as there was brass in the patches.
Most shops obviously make too much money and cant be bothered even answering the phone. They are going get awakened when autonomous driving cars become the norm and the work levels will drop to nothing. Huge change on the horizon.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but for once I have had a positive collector car hobby experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0284.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	479454   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0285.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	479455  

Old 03-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Where did you take it John?

Old 03-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://southernautobody.com/

Talk to Peter the owner....Shawn has his 66 Goat going in also

Old 03-30-2018, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Car looks great!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-30-2018, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Make sure he doesn't swap sides with the rear quarter decals.......very common mistake for someone
who doesn't know these cars. Make sure he knows not to do that. You car looks very nice.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks....I marked the trunk deck decal....

Old 03-30-2018, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hawk, it's the long decals for the quarters that might be confusing to some. Hopefully the backsides are stamped for the proper rt. vs. lt. location.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
Hawk, it's the long decals for the quarters that might be confusing to some. Hopefully the backsides are stamped for the proper rt. vs. lt. location.
What's the difference?

469, M21, 3.42

Old 03-31-2018, 08:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Adam, notice how the taper at the ends differ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	49612_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	479490  

Old 03-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I can imagine how po'd I'd be if someone put that backwards on my car with fresh paint...and I can see how easy it'd be for someone unfamiliar with them to do it.

Old 03-31-2018, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I can imagine how po'd I'd be if someone put that backwards on my car with fresh paint...and I can see how easy it'd be for someone unfamiliar with them to do it.
You only see ,one side at a time...lol. And 98% of the people ain’t gonna notice anyways. But now that it’s been brought to my attention.....I’ll be checking !

Old 03-31-2018, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We took pics before taking them off for body prep....I will be present when its done...thanks guys

Old 03-31-2018, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Hawk View Post
We took pics before taking them off for body prep....I will be present when its done...thanks guys
What brand paint do you have on it ?? Inmont ?