Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I firmly believe there were plenty of things done that were against the rules and one of’s, however in this case I am now completely in the BS group.

I don’t know if someone wrote a book, but these stories always have 3 basic “rules”.

1) Make outrageous claim.

2) State someone high up got it passed.

3) Make excuses why you won’t produce the proof.

Some of the best stories I have heard were:
The 68 GTO with factory fiberglass fenders. (his friend knew someone who knew Delorean and had them special made for him and installed on the line)

The only factory green 1986 Grand National. (His father bought in new and knew someone high up in Buick – had to tell him he had a turbo Regal and not a GN)

A 1978 T/A with a factory installed 455. (Bought it from his his brother's friend, who knew someone at the dealer, who had the factory find one and install it on the line – loved that one because it was a ‘74 455 in the car)

In this case, I believed it at first because it was Lynn posting it. Normally I find his posts very informative and factual and assumed he had seen the proof before posting.

I looked past the claim that an ex-chairman supposedly pushed it through a dealer for an employee of his brother. (what would he do for a friend?) I looked past the fact that the person claiming it knows how many where built, the colors, and who they went to, but did not remember that the chairman who pushed it through had been retired for a year at the time he ordered it.

What I cannot look through is the “His insurance company says if he publishes the VIN, he could be liable for the insurance fraud”, but if you pay me I’ll forget about the fraud liability?? That has got to be the best story I have ever heard of why someone can’t or won’t produce the proof.

This is where I just say “OK” and walk away.

The Following User Says Thank You to brians For This Useful Post: