THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Nice Tribute to the Fallen 13 at Our Local Dirt Track Last Night

Our local track is known for being pro military. A few weeks ago, they had a "Veteran's Night" were all veterans and there spouses were given free admission.

It was also a fundraiser for the local Disabled American Veterans chapter. There were silent auctions, raffles and a fun "push up challenge" where each feature winner was challenged to do pushups and people pledged $1.00 per pushup (cost me over $200.00).

Well last night, they had the top 13 feature qualifiers do parade laps while carrying the American flag to the sounds of Toby Keith's "American Soldier"

https://youtu.be/FAlj1ccQXf4

As a 6 year Viet Nam Era vet and with our grandson currently serving in the Marine Corp - it was an emotional and appreciated tribute.

Please keep politics out of this and just honor the fallen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fallen 13 Tribute.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	572530  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Very nice- it is good to see that there are still businesses and organizations that are pro-military. They do not get enough exposure in my opinion.

Old 09-05-2021, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Really nice to see and the local track here always plays the Natl Anthem.

Old 09-05-2021, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There was a candlelight vigil here in Kalispell at the park downtown. Nobody from any opinion turned it political and that to me was the best respect possible for the fallen. The pictures were moving and wish I would have went.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
Really nice to see and the local track here always plays the Natl Anthem.
Every week, we start with an invocation by a member of "Racer's for Christ" followed by the National Anthem while a racer or racers do a parade lap carrying the flag.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
Every week, we start with an invocation by a member of "Racer's for Christ" followed by the National Anthem while a racer or racers do a parade lap carrying the flag.
Likewise with most of the dirt tracks my wife, and I frequent. Prayers start the night asking for a safe event for all of the participants, and a safe journey home for the fans after the event. Then followed with the national anthem that is usually sung by local talent, very seldom do they play a canned prerecorded rendition of it. I enjoy that most dirt tracks start their events with a prayer.

Likewise the have a deep respect for those that have served in the military and usually offer military discounts to veterans, and active military personal.

Nice tribute that they gave to the fallen 13 at your track, Champ......

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 09-05-2021, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very Nice....

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN