THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:44 PM

Bob,

Another Brother in Christ praying some more for you at this moment; typing here on the interweb and making up an intercessory prayer for all to see.
You are loved by many here as it is apparent by all the responses, of that there is no doubt.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
And here many of us on here of the same mindset of you are also sharing to some extent in your loss.

Keep posting Brother and get the feeling out,
Many have been there before and will be at some point.

You may ask "why" at this time.
Sir, my take on things like this is that the kingdom of our Lord grows sometime through struggle.
Jesus said it would not always be easy.
My hope is that someone reading this thread will come to know Christ through the love and devotion to Him that has been chronicled here.

Peace be with you Bob.
Have a good night.

JT

The Following User Says Thank You to RamblerRacer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2021, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been taking care of finances. Signing paperwork from hospital about deceased benefits. Anyway today I was seeking some bereavement counseling. I Got appointment in September. Lonely.Any way they suggested I check 'GriefShare.org' also. I did the group is meeting Monday ,8-31 ,at 7 locally. So I called the church to register. A lady's voice ,'hello this is Bobbie',I about fell off my chair. That was my wifes name that she used when answering phone. It was 2 weeks ago today! After getting reservation,I told her she said I can see you would be startled.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As you go along you will find little things that bring back memories. And, they will be good memories, believe me.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A friends wife (pharmacist at local hospital)had lyme symptoms, after weed wacking. She was telling me last night. The dr(not sure of title) placed a heart monitor on her for at least 2 days. She said he said that her heart had stopped for 5 seconds. I've been reading about 'lyme carditis'. Interesting reading. I'm not saying anything about my wife however protect yourselves when outdoors doing what we do,weed cutting,walking,jogging etc.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Amen Bob...chronic Lyme disease is no joke.

Them little disease spreaders have changed my life drastically. Everyone be diligent about protecting themselves and know that you don't need a bulls-eye or erythema to indicate you've been infected. If you notice an embedded tick, go straight to your doc immediately and tell them you want at least 3 weeks of doxycycline.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 08-27-2021, 11:35 AM
Senior Chief

i got bit by a spider this week. Between them and wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, etc... some of God's creatures are just assholes.

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 08-28-2021, 01:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Praying for peace and comfort. Never stop talking about her and all the times you had together. We never know when our time comes and we are never prepared for it. Blessings to you and your family. You were blessed to have her in your life for 48 years.

Old 09-04-2021, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,
just checking in to see how you are doing.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I m ok. Talked to 2 different psychologists, getting who I can connect with. Went to Grief Share last week. It was helpful. They are starting a 13 week seminar for The Loss of A Loveone. I get the 'wave' low and high moments. Right now I got awake cant sleep. So I was just looking. People still asking how I am,they pay their condolences. I really appreciate that.It will be 4 weeks this Wednesday. Our one cat 'Boots' is closer to me now,he needs my help I guess as I think he misses my wife.I have good ok times then the low times. Local friends talk to me each day helping me. 2 guys from our local Pontiac club took me out to lunch Friday. That helped. Thank you for asking. I need social contacts to keep upbeat. Still no interest in my hobbies however I'm not panicking just taking it one step,day at a time.(Sometimes I get anxious then think to far ahead). Bob

Old 09-06-2021, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe Boots thinks you need him as much as he needs you. You are still in my prayers.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, if your were closer I would have you occupy a bit of time in my gym. Not perfect therapy, but as my one sign on wall says: You Are One Workout Away From A Good Mood. My advice is make a daily walk part of your day. Sun, air, outside, God's world, it always helps. One can walk short, slow, no matter, it is the process.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That’s good advice. No one regrets a workout

Old 09-06-2021, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes. With covid seemingly coming back locally I'm avoiding gym/pool where we use to go,silver sneakers. I walk locally in country where I live. I'm out of shape. This week,Tue- Griefshare.org. Wednesday- therapist. Thursday different therapist. Saturday mens group fellowship at our church. I'm working on other group interactions. It's been a long time since I had to think about socializing. Working through the feelings. Nurse said finding my wife,trying to help before medics got here,then medics,then hospital then the final decision. I may have post traumatic stress.

Old 09-06-2021, 05:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I can definitely see that. Not surprisingly at all.

Old 09-08-2021, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's been month today of the loss of my wife. I'm getting some singularly therapy help. Plus I'm in a group called Grief Share. I'm functioning, food shopping,bathing,laundry, cooking,lawn mowing an acre. I'm getting in a routine. I still talk alot,(I'm quiet by nature) to couple close friends who are receptive and help me emotionally. The 'pain'
' is and probably will continue like a wave. Sometimes intense sometimes light. I'm learning to embrace the pain/grief and continue my life.Still tears at times.However I feel good overall. I'm trying to get into social network of friends close(at this time women appeal to me but I'm hurting and venerable so no relationships). Havent did anything yet with the hobbies. I take naps during the day. Watch my diet I like proteins. Nights sometimes wide awake 3 am. Getting 7-8 hrs sleep,the prostate awakens me at least once,no fluids after 6pm I say. Thank all of you for being understanding and helpful. May god bless you and your families and friends. Bob

Old 09-08-2021, 08:02 PM
Senior Chief

Sounds like you are doing OK. Just remember, no impulse reactions. Think things through. Give yourself a year or so before any relationships. Your hobbies could be a good thing now. Remember to breath...

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 09-08-2021, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,
while not even close to the grief you have suffered, when I lost my last remaining brother suddenly, it hit me really hard. Thanks to friends who have kept in contact I made it through the pain and sorrow. It has been two years now and I still think about Joe almost every day. The one thing that helps is knowing that I will see him and the rest of my family again one day.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

I'm learning to embrace the pain with the help of god,esp our lord walking with me. Life I'm learning is the loss of pets,moms,dads,brothers,sisters,friends,acquaintan ces, and spouses. We love them and when the loss comes it's hard to understand. The shoulda,coulda, woulda s ran through my mind. I have faith in the lord that he will guide me,like walking with me along the beach at the waters edge holding my hand. My wife I believe is in a better and happier place. Where her intercession can help me. We walk by faith and not by sight. I'm learning but it's hard. I try not to be self centered. I hope I make sense. I'm still 'spinning' so to speak. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2021, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
I'm learning to embrace the pain with the help of god,esp our lord walking with me. Life I'm learning is the loss of pets,moms,dads,brothers,sisters,friends,acquaintan ces, and spouses. We love them and when the loss comes it's hard to understand. The shoulda,coulda, woulda s ran through my mind. I have faith in the lord that he will guide me,like walking with me along the beach at the waters edge holding my hand. My wife I believe is in a better and happier place. Where her intercession can help me. We walk by faith and not by sight. I'm learning but it's hard. I try not to be self centered. I hope I make sense. I'm still 'spinning' so to speak. Thank you.
Bob, I am so sorry. I’m just reading this post since I have been consumed this summer with getting the backlog of “honey dos” from two years taken care of. I can’t imagine the grief and pain you are enduring. My wife is severally allergic to all mammalian meat due to AGS( alpha gal syndrome) from the bite of a Lone Star tick. She has anaphylactic events from time to time,; sometimes the Epi-Pen works, other times we are on our way to the ER. I live with the dread of the “what if’s” that come with a loved one who has a life threatening condition. The only advice I can possibly give you? Life your life now moment to moment. Don’t let anyone tell you that you have to get over losing your wife. You DO NOT! You only have to accept it. You’ll be on my prayer list, Bob.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 09-11-2021, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I m getting help from various sources. My involvement, talking about my situation.Thank you. I will keep you and family in my prayers.
The wife had a charge card at a box store. The card was in her name only! However the bill came in her name with my name below. I called and told them of her passing. They removed her name AND placed my name on the bill. (I said to my attorney this is fraud)I talked to employee at local store. The corp. did the same to her mother after her dad's passing. She sent a death certificate, never heard a thing.Then sent me a letter to resolve this bill. I talked to my attorney. He will send them a letter. I'm resolved to never deal with this store again.(cut off my nose etc...).
Thank you. God Bless.