Chief Ponti-yacker

It's a 950 Ultra HP 0-80805.
1.6" venturi and 1.75" throttle blades. It's a true 950

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Old 07-13-2021, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
K1 Technologies 4.25 stroke crankshaft for a BB Chevy.

Made almost 300 passes before it broke the nose off.

It ran like that, too - for a little while.

K
Cast crank I bet?

I had a Pontiac 455 crank break at the same spot, several respected builders said either the balancer was junk or the bolt wasn't tight. I had an OE type non-SFI replacement balancer on it, bolt was tight. The balancer did wobble slightly though.

I use forged cranks and SFI balancers that are properly fitted from that incident on.

EDIT: In my case, the engine just 'shut off' and wouldn't start. I had someone turn the key and I noticed the accessories weren't turning....

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-17-2021, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
K1 Technologies 4.25 stroke crankshaft for a BB Chevy.

Made almost 300 passes before it broke the nose off.

It ran like that, too - for a little while.

K
Holy Sheepdip, Batman!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 08-24-2021, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Reviving thread again... I replaced a brand new Pertronix dizzy in my 81 TA last night. I bought a used stock HEI from a board member here. It was 915 when I finished and figured I would hit it today. I got home at 6 and ate some dinner and went out in the garage to put the wires on, I put them on and cranked the starter and it fired right up. The initial timing I set at 12*, I let it gain some heat and adjusted the choke a bit leaner. This engine would idle at 450 rpm smoother than a babys butt, but I adjusted to about 750 rpm, the idle screws needed 1/2 turn out more too, vacuum went from 15" to 16.5". I let it warm fully and drove it tonite. WHAT A DIFFERENT FREAKING CAR!!! Smokes tires with ease, no more black puffs on start up, and great throttle response!!! Still probably a high 14 second car at best but it does everything I want it to now. Some differences I noticed in the two dizzys was the gears were cut very different, the weights were floppy as hell, the cap seemed to never line up correctly...even off the car. So happy! I'll have another problem though you guys can help with...rest assured.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

HEI ..IS.. a High energy ignition. Typically .045 plug gaps too. I have seen a HEI out perform petronix before.
You can even buy a small cap carbon spark rod and increase the spark voltage even more.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The HEI in my '91 specs 060 spark gap! I back it down to about .045 just because, no need to jack up the voltage.

george