Old 04-22-2020, 11:35 AM

Default Assembly Manuals

What is the difference in the available manuals out there? I've seen two different loose leaf version and a bound version. Do they have the same info? Is one better than the other?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-33.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	538118   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-34.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	538119   Click image for larger version

Name:	LA7076.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	538120  

Old 04-22-2020, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg69bird View Post
What is the difference in the available manuals out there? I've seen two different loose leaf version and a bound version. Do they have the same info? Is one better than the other?
Can't speak for that year/model, but I had bought one for a 1970 GTO many years ago and it was 50-60% useless as many pages were faded or blurry. The printer of that copy had a disclaimer that many pages would be hard to read and that was the best version available. This crappy version is still sold by many places, and the one I had used the white cover page with purple text like the second example you posted.

2 years ago I bought a newer copy from Inline Tube (through eBay, which was cheaper for some reason), and it was much, much better. I would say 90-95% of that version was legible and clear. The Inline tube copy had a light blue cover page with an illustration of the car, similar to the last example you posted. In their advertisement, they pointed out that it was a better copy and more legible than others, and that turned out to be true.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 04-22-2020, 07:26 PM

Which one did you get, the loose leaf or bound?

Old 04-24-2020, 07:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The blue sheet ones from Inline Tube are the high quality ones you can read, the regular white page ones everyone sells for $25 are not. I put them in a 3-ring binder. I am not aware of a bound version of that manual.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:27 AM

Thanks guys. I ordered the Inline Tube manual.

Ben: The red and white one in the picture is bound. From what I can tell, it might be a reprint of the loose leaf version. Though I'm not exactly sure.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg69bird View Post
Which one did you get, the loose leaf or bound?
Both versions I bought were loose leaf. Also nice to be able to take the drawing out and bring over to workbench or car.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...