THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-31-2024, 09:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I had to clean up a bunch of petty arguing that wasn't contributing at all to the discussion. Please keep things civil, folks.

As for the original question, my understanding is the shop's quote was for labor and parts to replace both tie rod ends, plus an alignment, as opposed to buying and installing one tie rod end at home without an alignment. Yes, $400 sounds expensive but it's probably the reality of what the shop has to charge to stay in business these days.
Please re-read my initial post as it stated ONE tie rod. IF he had offered to replace BOTH for that amount I would have gladly paid it,. I replaced the tie rod myself today and it took me longer to jack up the truck, and remove the tire than it took to r&r the tie rod.

Please understand that I had no intention to incite arguments over what shops should or shouldn't charge. As a former business owner, I, too, turned down opportunities that didn't meet my criterior for profit. I GET it.